cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX Not boosting above 2.0 GHZ after reinstall

Pandam
Level 7
Hey folks. I've been scouring the internet for a possible solution to my issue but I have yet to find anything that works.

I recently reistalled windows on my G74SX thanks to a few corrupted system files on the last install, and it seems now that the computer refuses to boost over 2.0 GHz. Just before the reinstall it would boost up to 2.6-2.8 at the drop of a hat, and now it just hits 2.0 and sits there. I've changed my power options, min/max processor states, tried Throttlestop, and cross-checked the freq with different programs (throttlestop, CPU-Z, intel's worthless little gadget) and I'm all out of ideas. I'd really like to get it working as my FPS is abysmal in most games. Perhaps I forgot to reinstall something along the way?

Edit: As an added note, the CPU underclocks itself when idle just fine. It just won't go over 2.0.

EDIT DUE TO BEING SOLVED:

Oddly enough minutes after posting this issue I found the solution!

It was on a Lenovo support website of all things. It's fairly simple:

Go start>run... type msconfig>Boot tab>Advanced options... see that Number of processors is UN-checked.

Mine was set to 4, checked. After unchecking and a reboot, my computer is boosting as normal. 🙂
1 REPLY 1

SUKARA
Level 10
Thanks your sharing!!