cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed with ASUS, laid back attitude with Windows 8

Jonessie
Level 7
I have been an ASUS customer for at least 10 years, However, I have never known an organisation to be so lazy *** laid back, when it comes to releasing drivers. Not only is it frustrating, but it’s also very annoying when one of the biggest organisations in the IT industry… hasn’t released any Windows 8 drivers for their hardware.

Come on guys, you’ve had over 12 months to develop, Alpha, Beta, RC and final release and on the day of the Microsoft release Windows 8… there is no sign of support drivers. I tested Windows 8 with my Crosshair motherboard so I know which software works and don’t work. I cannot believe how laid back ASUS are, you’re letting down your customers.

I apologise for my brazen comments, but I really wanted to install Windows 8 today but I can’t because there aren’t any drivers for Windows 8. Oh sorry, there is 1 new driver and that’s it. When I tried Windows 8 there were quite a lot of drivers that wasn’t compatible. One of which is one of the most important of them all was the 990FX Chipset which didn’t install.

:(:(:(
29 REPLIES 29

bikeman
Level 7
Crosshair is very old motherboard, maybe Windows8 built-in driver, no additional installation.

skellattarr
Level 10
so you mean the crosshair v it has no drivers for win 8
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case

HiVizMan
Level 40
Currently when you select Win8 as a OS you are only provided with BIOS and a small selection of utilities to download. The actually drivers are no populated. I did a AMD win 8 installation and simply used the Win7 drivers with no problems. However the OP has a valid point and one that I am sure that ASUS is working on, it is of course impossible to do all things at once and I guess the CHV board (and others) are still to be done.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Bikeman .... ummm ??? @Asus ??? ... you confuse Me sometimes brother .. imagine that.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
Bikeman .... ummm ??? @Asus ??? ... you confuse Me sometimes brother .. imagine that.c.

What he is saying is this.

Like Win7 has most of the core drivers built in to allow 90% of all hardware used to simple work out of the box. Win8 might just have a more comprehensive and updated out of box experience built in. It is possible. I certainly did not have any issues with the Win8 build. Therefore he is suggesting that drivers for Win8 are not required. This I can not confirm.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I was told about this post so I came in to type this, OP this is for not only you but every other Asus AMD Fan out there. Asus doesn't want to do a SINGLE THING for AMD owners due to the fact that all of the Drivers needed to run a Crosshair V can be found on the Hardware Support Sites like the 990FX Chipset look on AMD's Site for 12.10 which fully Supports Winblows 8 or the Catalyst side which is Amazingly 12.10 also for your Video support. All other Hardware Support can also be found at the Respective Manufacturers Sites as Well.

Asus has only to provide us with a Halfway Stable Board and UEFI BIOS of which Microsoft has forced upon them (DRM BS). Asus is doing exactly this as proof is out in the Market when companies like Gigabyte has a lot more features for less money and almost as terrible Customer Support. I would guess Bikeman should have known this but then again only a couple Mods/Admins here like HiVizMan would know simple stuff like this and I'm not even with Asus and yes I've been a Customer for more than 10 Years.

Praz
Level 13
I'm running Win8 on the C5F with a FX-8350 and as HiViz wrote above the Win7 drivers work fine. I have also used the Win8 specific drivers posted for the C5F-Z for such things as audio and USB without issue. Win8 chipset and drive controller drivers can be downloaded from AMD. AI Suite is the only thing that does not work with the C5F/Win8 combination. Also there is no fast boot as this is a hardware limitation of the C5F.

chrsplmr
Level 18
BikeMan .. My apologies goodSir .. correctly stated .. (it was the 'very old' .. sorry.)
Praz verified .. AMDsupport&downloads. .c.

X-ROG
Level 15
Windows 8 has been officially launched less than 24 hours at this point, so I'm very sorry we haven't updated our driver pages so quickly. We make a lot of boards and I'm sure the webteam are updating as fast as they can.

If the Win 8 driver is in beta we often will not update the page as we require WHQL certification. We cannot officially recommend using Win8 in that instance due to potential incompatibility, but you are welcome to try beta drivers direct from chipset vendor websites.