Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Are you following the steps in my guide? If so then your question would have been answered.

Two cycles of XMP, start with one stick in the furtherest slot from the CPU.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ive run mentest86+ doing at least 2 to 3 cycles to each memory stick. All have passed with no errors. Now I'm in the process of running all at the same time with 1 pass. I'm not sure what else to do.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Are you following the steps in my guide? If so then your question would have been answered.

Two cycles of XMP, start with one stick in the furtherest slot from the CPU.

I've completed 8 hours of memtest86 on all 4 sticks and passed. I went to boot up my PC as normal. I opened up several programs at once to try and break the system. played a movie, video game open, downloading tool, and surfed the net. no problems. so i decided to continue playing some games. Boom crash, BSOD with the same messages. This also sometimes happens through just watching a video.

Now im running Prime95 and using a downloading tool, and have a game open to try and crash it again, but so far, since 2 hours ago. no crashes.

any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Based on what you have just said your issue is VGA drivers.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Based on what you have just said your issue is VGA drivers.
    My video card drivers seem up to date. I read about a problem running Utorrent with certain anti-virus software, so i uninstalled the mcafee software. i read that the "netio.sys" message could possibly be from LAN driver problems. So i updated the LAN driver the most recent one. I no longer get a BSOD, but now while playing WoW for example, the game freezes. While frozen, my machine is still running fine with no noises. Except, I don't have any functionality to reset the computer nor can i do anything in general. I can only hard reset the machine entirely. This occurs both with XMP profiles enabled and disabled. ive frozen with both settings.

i appreciate your feedback and help greatly. at least ive gotten rid of the BSOD (so far). i'm leaning on formatting the drive and reinstalling everything again.

Thanks for your help again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

i also did a system scan as admin through cmd and sfc/scannow. it does point out that there are corrupt files. as i access the CBS.log file, there's a bunch of stuff i don't understand. It says Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    Details included in the CBS.log file.

Please do a clean install of your OS. Make sure to migrate your important files or back them up.

I am not a fan of Maceffy - and will not use it on any of my builds. If you want a free ware version for a new install then MS Essentials is a good option. I am not kidding. It is good if your system is fresh as it keeps stuff out. But is not good if your system is old and has potentially being compromised.

If you do heaps of torrents it is a good idea to download to a virtual machine or sandbox. Safe rather than sorry is my motto.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Please do a clean install of your OS. Make sure to migrate your important files or back them up.

I am not a fan of Maceffy - and will not use it on any of my builds. If you want a free ware version for a new install then MS Essentials is a good option. I am not kidding. It is good if your system is fresh as it keeps stuff out. But is not good if your system is old and has potentially being compromised.
    If you do heaps of torrents it is a good idea to download to a virtual machine or sandbox. Safe rather than sorry is my motto.
    ok this build is relatively new so i just popped in the Windows 7 disc and formatted my main OS drive, and am currently re-installing everything. Hopefully with the most up to date drivers, all will be well. I'll send an update once i get everything up and running again. I'm not quite the guru to set up a virtual machine or sandbox. I'll probably have to seek some network admin friends in that regards. but you're right, i have to watch out since the laws of the internet are getting tighter.

thanks!

Nah sandbox are easy peasy to do.

http://freeware.wikia.com/wiki/Lists...ware_sandboxes

ROG Enthusiast Array

so after reinstalling the OS and all up to date drivers, with XMP set to profile 2, matching my memory profiles, playing WoW and the screen freezes, no sound repeat. can't CTRL+ALT+DEL either. forcing me to hard reset. when i turn the computer back on, the BIOS screen says, overclock failure and forces me to go to setup. now, im gonna see if this occurs with optimized default settings. will update you. thanks.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast