Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

How many different kits of ram are you using? And that is a bummer to hear the system crashed again.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    How many different kits of ram are you using? And that is a bummer to hear the system crashed again.
    using 4 Gskill ripjaws 16GB 17000 DDr3 2133 quad channels. went back to default values and haven't froze yet, while having 2 games up. WoW and WarZ.

Cool - I suspect that you are going to have to set each value manually for your ram to work at rated frequency.

Did you run Memtest86+ at the XMP profile with all your sticks populated in the board? I know you ran them all together for the last part of the test but you did not say if it was at default or at the XMP profile?
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Cool - I suspect that you are going to have to set each value manually for your ram to work at rated frequency.

Did you run Memtest86+ at the XMP profile with all your sticks populated in the board? I know you ran them all together for the last part of the test but you did not say if it was at default or at the XMP profile?
    ran memtest86+ with xmp profile and all sticks populated in the board. i last ran both at default and even at xmp in memtest86 and all passed. today i let it run for 3-4 passes at XMP profile.

so now they seem to run ok in default (from what I can remember). i only know how to input the 9-11-10-28 values and changing the voltage on both sides, to 1.650. other than that, i dont know what else to set. and even when i have inputted those exact values above, it still crashes and says overclock failure. perhaps i am missing a key step. or these memory sticks need to be replaced. i dont know. i dont think they need to be changed, but we'll see.

thanks for the assistance.

F5 and enter to restore defaults.

Then -

The only things you need to change manually are the frequency of the ram which you are doing.
    The 4 main timings which you are doing.
    And the voltage, which you could bump up a little bit more.
    And possibly increase the VCSSA up two notches while you are at it.
    Do not make any other changes please. (for now)

Does run 20 mins of prime95 mixed blend, does it pass. Or does your system still crash?

ROG Enthusiast Array

so i think i resolved my issues with my pc. i found everything to be working well. i ended up using the XMP profile which had the proper memory settings. What I did differently this time, was changing the power options within the control panel of windows 7. i set it to high performance as opposed to balance. ive been able to game, use utorrent, and have a perfectly running system (so far). i think for some reason windows tries to save power in certain areas and that causes the screen freezes when full power isn't properly distributed to whatever hardware.

so far so good. will update with any issues, but i think it's fine so far.

again, thank you for your help and the troubleshooting advice. hopefully this is the end to all my problems. lol.

That is very interesting. High performance keeps the vCore frequency up all the time. Wonder if that made the difference.

ROG Enthusiast Array

So my noob solution to the BSOD with netio.sys error message, was to do update the network drivers with the most up-to-date drivers from ASUS website.

So rule of thumb is to update all drivers known to man. Video card drivers, ethernet drivers, chipset driver, as well as the MB BIOS and all else if i missed anything.

The screen freezing (no repeated sound) while playing games that required a hard reset was solved simply by changing the power options to high performance. Ive read that proper voltage isn't applied enough to certain hardware when the OS tries to save power through whatever means it does in the "balanced" option. If your computer is home built with performance parts, you probably want to use high performance settings that do not take away voltage to key hardware. Also remove the sleep modes or tinker with those options to meet your needs while not messing up with the voltage.

Thanks to HiVizMan for his great and useful input. I was able to learn quite a lot with his advice and recommendations. Hope this thread is as useful to others as it was for me.

ROG Enthusiast Array

That is very interesting. High performance keeps the vCore frequency up all the time. Wonder if that made the difference.
    alright, so after my "fix," i was able to play for more than 5 hours + til the machine started freezing again. This is after setting the timings to XMP. The type of freezing is a complete freeze with no sound loops, no ctrl-alt-del functionality, nothing. so, hard reset. after resetting, computer boots up and says overclock failed.

This has to be a memory issue. it seems to happen more so when i set it to XMP or do any type of tinkering with the memory values. I just don't understand how and why i run Prime95 and run memtest86+ to these suckers at XMP profiles and they don't show any errors or crashing after vigorous testing. This only occurs when I game playing WoW. i am going to run on optimized default values in BIOS and see if there are any other failures or freezing from default.
    Last edited by vsr785; 11-08-2012 at 05:11 PM.

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Hey vsr785! have a read through this thread....http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...Formula)/page2 similar RAM problems ? Maybe you can try to set up your RAM manually too and see if that fixes things...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast