Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Atheros Bluetooth driver not compatible with Windows 8

Any1 had luck installing drivers for Bluetooth under Windows 8?
    I searched, but couldn't find any available drivers for Windows 8 and I don't like devices with the exclamation mark in my device manager

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just run Windows Update.
    Asus G55VW-RS71 - i7 3610QM, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660M 2GB, 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD

ROG Member Array

Windows update did not find anything. I had to uninstall Atheros Bluetooth before win 8 upgrade, due to it being incompatible, now there's no way to get it back it seems

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by m4caron View Post
    Windows update did not find anything. I had to uninstall Atheros Bluetooth before win 8 upgrade, due to it being incompatible, now there's no way to get it back it seems
    LINK

That may be worth a try. Considering the Win7 Drivers still work with Win8.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenbhs View Post
    LINK

That may be worth a try. Considering the Win7 Drivers still work with Win8.
    That one doesnt work with windows 8, its the same one he uninstalled
    G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Windows natively appears to support the bluetooth, but I did have a single device in device manager that did not pick up a driver. The way I was able to fix that was that I extracted the Bluetooth install on a Windows 7 system and then pointed the unknown device at the driver folder from the extracted installation.

I did not install the package, but I have driver support for all of the bluetooth devices, and I believe the Windows 8 built-in bluetooth support will work even without the software package.

For convenience, I uploaded the Bluetooth install package to http://www.4shared.com/zip/VF1j9oRh/Bluetooth.html

Please note, I did not install the package, I just pointed at the extracted folder as a driver search location for the "unknown device" in device manager that was related to the bluetooth device and it proceeded to install the driver from the install package.

This way, the device has driver support, but the unsupported applications related to the package does not get installed.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by finalhour View Post
    That one doesnt work with windows 8, its the same one he uninstalled
    Did you actually click the link and try it? It's not a link for the Bluetooth drivers, sir.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenbhs View Post
    Did you actually click the link and try it? It's not a link for the Bluetooth drivers, sir.
    It's a link to a forum post that's completely useless, I read it. And the most recent post was in May about broadcom drivers...not Atheros
    G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

ROG Member Array

Still no luck...tried unpacking your .zip file and pointing to the drivers folder...win 8 claims no driver was found...
    PCI Simple Communication Controller is still marked with an exclamation mark and claiming it has no driver installed...
    There's also another device in "Other devices" called Bluetooth Peripheral Device, but Win 8 claims it's working correctly..

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

hmm, did you try looking at the subfolders under bluetooth? I know it installed, and I did have to extract it to be able to get it working.

Maybe try pointing at bluetooth\system64\drivers folder once extracted? I definitely have it installed, but did this maybe a week ago so I'm trying to recall exactly what I did.

Ok, pretty sure it's this path: Bluetooth\program files\Bluetooth Suite\Drivers
    Last edited by madnj; 10-26-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast