cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

660M using Nvidia Inspector ?

ikennyyy
Level 7
Hi, so I'm using Nvidia Inspector to overclock my 660m. Maybe I'm not understanding how to use this. I have Performance Level 2(P0) on 135 MHz and Mem at 500 MHz. However I'm not too sure what you do with the other tabs above such as Performance Level 0(P8) and 1(P5). Could anyone help me out with this? I guess I just need explaining and what are the max setting I should put the other two levels on.
23 REPLIES 23

ikennyyy
Level 7
Basicly this is what I got, anyway to get it higher? http://img.techpowerup.org/121026/nvidia_20121026_204932.png

ikennyyy wrote:
Basicly this is what I got, anyway to get it higher? http://img.techpowerup.org/121026/nvidia_20121026_204932.png

This is when you need the BIOS unlock, unfortunately it seems like the unlocked one I found isn't working for some people.

ikennyyy
Level 7
Dang so this is pretty much max without messing with bio right?

trieuan10
Level 7
I just set the Mem to +400Mhz. I 've got fps problems in some game like MW3 or BF3 when I set the Mem to +500MHz.

trieuan10 wrote:
I just set the Mem to +400Mhz. I 've got fps problems in some game like MW3 or BF3 when I set the Mem to +500MHz.

Artifacts?

There actually is way to get more out of it without an unlocked BIOS. I'll post up tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Ok so here is what I did to get around it. If someone has a better method please chime in.

Load nvidiainspector
Click overclock tab
Make sure its set at Performance level 2 (P0)
Hit Apply clocks and voltages (for shortcut purposes and verification that it will overclock higher)
Now click on create clocks shortcut. A new shortcut should appear on the desktop.
Find the shortcut and right click and hit properties
Find the target box and delete everything past nvidiaInspector.exe
Now type in -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,2,XXXX
XXXX represent what you want the core clock to be, for example if you want 1100 you would type that.
This is what your target should look like.
C:\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,2,1192 Obviously edit to where you created the nvidiainspector folder. 1192 is what my core clock is running at yours might be different.
Hit apply.
Bring up nvidia inspector again, and now double click on your shortcut and you should have a higher core clock now. Move the memory tab how you would normally to increase it 500mhz or more.

Now to edit the coreclock all you have to do is edit that shortcut you made. For example if I wanted to increase my coreclock 5mhz my target would look like this. C:\nvidiaInspector\nvidiaInspector.exe -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,2,1192
Hit apply double click on the shortcut and the clock will increase.

Sounds confusing but it really isnt that bad at all. After you find a nice overclock you like all you have to do is these steps.
Load nvidiainspector
Click overclock tab
Make sure its set at Performance level 2 (P0)
Up the Memory clock offset to what you want
double click on the shortcut you made with the core clock that you want and its done.

Bump for anything that would like to know this work around without having to use a modded bios.

RPXZ wrote:
Bump for anything that would like to know this work around without having to use a modded bios.

Dude you are awesome! It worked and my scores are showing quite an improvement. Thanks a lot man. What are the max setting that you have done with yours?

Once you have created the shortcut and have gotten the overclock you want, how do you reset to defaults in Nvidia Inspector? I keep having to restart my computer to get the clocks back to default and decrease my GPU temp.