cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BitClockers Overclockers BitCoin Mining Pool information

V2-V3
Level 8
BitCoins are a way to exchange money person to person via the internet similar to PayPal how ever they can be earned by using the graphics cards ability to calculate mathematical "proofs" or simply the journalaling of all transactions on the bitcoin network into a "Block" and this block is shared with the entire bitcoin network as an open ledger to provide security for the users, having the transaction history open and distributed to all users of the network eliminates the ability for anyone to counterfeit bitcoins or take down the network in an attack. consider it this way you are being paid to secure the network and provide decentralized security just as PayPal will pay a Server farm to backup their database to protect their customers transaction records. with each Bitcoin worth *$6.00USD compensation is good. However a massive amount of computational power is required to acquire a Bitcoin. The best way to acquire coins is to build a PC with multiple AMD graphics cards for example One system with four ASUS Radeon HD 7970 graphics cards can earn you about *$300.00 dollars extra monthly income. To start join a Mining Pool and install a mining client, like BitClockers.com. When you recieve Bitcoins you can Sell them at an exchange or use them anywhere accepted.

Step By Step How To guide: http://bitclockers.com/forums/index.php?topic=3.0

Since Bitcoin works much like torrents do (there is no central entity), it has to work off a distributed P2P database. The blocks are the 'snapshots' of the database. So each transaction that takes place has to be verified, balanced, and secured using SHA256. By you 'serving' the distributed database and computing the complex security of it, you can build new blocks. Since it's a highly computational task, GPUs are the perfect workhorses for it.

It's a lot more complex than that and I'm sure I don't fully understand it either, but that's the idea.

I recommend BitClockers.com its a great mining pool that is loaded with how to guides and have a very helpful community 😄

START HERE - how to Getting started mining Bitcoins : BitClockers Mining Guide to Bitcoins

GUIMiner Installation Guide: http://bitclockers.com/forums/index.php?topic=8.0

Mining Profitability Calculator: http://bitclockers.com/miningcalculator

*value per coin at the time of this writing

34 REPLIES 34

xeromist
Yeah, I'm familiar with Bitcoin as it has been in the tech news several times lately. My understanding though is that the actual payouts really aren't as good anymore. I've seen people say you'd be better off powering down your computer to save on your power bill and investing that money to buy bitcoins. Has your experience been different?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thus far I have been generating nearly $80.00 per day off my hardware that usually just sits there. If you were to build a system correctly with ATI 6990's and OC them you can bring home some serious $

My basement farm

The server rack at my office being put to good use 🙂

its full of GPU's 🙂

xeromist
huh, good to know. I don't like folding on GPUs because it is inefficient but maybe bitcoin is an option if it can pay for its own power.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
what about for the folks that have Nvidia cards?

Six Foot Ginger wrote:
what about for the folks that have Nvidia cards?

You can still Mine with a Nvidia graphics card I have a few that are.

Brian@ASUS wrote:
what is the power bill to pay out ratio?

The power bill takes about 10% of your profits.

Retired
Not applicable
what is the power bill to pay out ratio?

Gimsly
Level 7
How much hardware do you use to generate approx. $80.00 per day?
Case: Antec Twelve Hundred
PSU: Antec CP-850
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
GPU: NVidia GTX 260 Core 216
RAM: Corsair DHX 8GB DDR2 800MHz 6400C5DHX

"From whom much is given, much is expected."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gimsly wrote:
How much hardware do you use to generate approx. $80.00 per day?

I am using 3X ASUS 5870's and 1X ASUS 5970 on one Rampage III Extreme motherboard with an i7 920 CPU and 2GB of RAM. The GPU's cost me $950.00 for all 4 of them.

Retired
Not applicable
Nvidia cards work for this too or just AMD?