cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Stereoscopic 3d driver on G74sx?

drraman
Level 7
I got G74sx, but don't know if mine is a 3D model or not (how can I find it)...I do have enable/disable 3D option in start menu and 3D settings in nvidia panel...I downloaded "Stereoscopic_3D_Driver_NVIDIA_Win7_64_Z26619" and installed it, but there is no Stereoscopic 3D setting in nvidia panel.
6 REPLIES 6

PILGRIM
Level 11
Welcome to the Forums..

For your G74 to be a 3D model, it should have a 3DE as a suffix (i.e. G74SX-3DE).
It should have the IR emitter just left of the laptop camera, and should come with
the nVidia Vision glasses:

So even if you installed any nVidia 3D drivers, you won't be able to have 3D on
the laptop's native screen if it's not the 3D model.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

ok thanks...mine does not have the IR emitter or 3d glasses....so its not 3d....can I play games in 3d if I attach it to 3d TV with hdmi?

PILGRIM
Level 11
Yes, you can. Any G74 model is capable of playing 3D via 3D TV/monitor.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

Pitcher1
Level 9
Hi, if you want play 3D game with HDMI -> 3D TV, i think it can not, generally play 3D in NB and Play 3D with HDMI -> 3D TV is differenct spec., HDMI -> 3D TV generally support movie, games rarly supported.

Hi

I have the ir emitter and 3d glasses, I installed the driver N12E_NVIDIA_Stereoscopic_3D_Driver(with_3DdemoMovie) however, when i enable 3D it says the hardware/ 3d display is not found?.

monsterism wrote:
Hi

I have the ir emitter and 3d glasses, I installed the driver N12E_NVIDIA_Stereoscopic_3D_Driver(with_3DdemoMovie) however, when i enable 3D it says the hardware/ 3d display is not found?.

What Nvidia driver version do you currently have?

The 3D drivers come bundled in any of the nVidia driver versions.
They are named as "3D Vision Driver" and "3D Vision Controller Driver".
Check it out in Windows Control Panel if they're there.
That 3D driver you installed isn't needed- suggest you uninstall it.
ASUS G74SX-3DE