cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use 2133MHZ Memory with Asus X79 Sabertooth

dwain
Level 10
Hello,

I'm in the middle of choosing a mobo for myself.

My other hardwares are:

Core i7 3930K
Asus GTX690 Graphic Card
16 GB Gskill 2133 MHZ

I know that X79 supports 1866MHZ Memory speed. But the vendor told me it has a support with OC. Do you think so? And is it stable?

Actually I liked 3 boards of Asus.

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Asus P979X Deluxe (it has Wifi which I like very much)
Asus X79 Sabertooth.

Actually I'm very close to P9X79 Deluxe but some says why P979X over Rampage 4 Extreme if money is not an issue. My answer is that they are pretty much the same boards. But P979X Deluxe has also some other feautres like BT and Wifi.

But I like X79's builds also very much. But I don't know if it would be able to run my rams at 2133MHZ speed.

What do you know about this? And I know all of these three boards are good choices but which one would you pick and why?
20 REPLIES 20

HiVizMan
Level 40
2133MHz will not be an issue if your ram is rated such. DO NOT get Vengeance ram.

The RIVE board is really not a novice board, it is an outstanding motherboard that is true - the Deluxe is a very good board with heaps of features that I value. If you are not a overclocking or bencher then I honestly think either the Formula, Sabertooth or the Deluxe is the way to go.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I think I may try to make some OC after spending such Money on these products. But I'm not a person who is looking for the highest limits. So a normal O/C would be enough for me.

Do you think I still will be ok with a P9X79 Deluxe or Sabertooth X79?

What future makes the R4E outstanding? I mean what would it make for me?

And I wanted to be sure about that Memory question? You said if the ram supports 2133, the motherboard will run it under 2133MHZ speed. Does it mean that I can consider almost all the boards will handle these speeds even their memory speed specs are mentioned 1866 MHZ on a manual or box?

Thank you very much for your time.

HiVizMan
Level 40
The RIVE is geared for Liquid Nitrogen benching. It is a bencher board. Simple as that. And if you are not going to be benching, then really do not see the point of spending all that money. 🙂

The Formula board is my favourite board for gamers, and the Deluxe is feature rich and just so solid.

Yes you can. It will be a very poor CPU that does not run ram at 2133MHz. The CPU determines how high or how well the memory is clocked. So I can quite confidently say if you go for a single kit of quad channel 2133MHz ram then your system will work. Important part is single kit. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank you very much.

Am I going to be able to make good OC with either Sabertooth X79 and P9X79 Deluxe?

Actually the Money difference between R4E and Sabertooth X79 or P9X79 Deluxe isn't that important for me. I can afford all for now. I'm just trying to decide whay my real need is. I would also like to OC whenever I want. But of course rich specification is also important.

HiVizMan
Level 40
On a good air or solid water system you will clock any of the three boards to the same frequency. The motherboard will not hold you back.

So if I don't select RIVE, what would be your pick among Sabertoorh X79 and P9X79 Deluxe?

HiVizMan
Level 40
P9X79 Deluxe would get my vote.

Ok. Thank you for your help. I think i'm very close to get a P9X79X Deluxe. Because i won't be overclocking and i never think that i will have 4 690 gtx to make a quad sli 🙂 Not even tri sli with Deluxe.

I'm probably getting one of best mobo of Asus by choosing the Deluxe.

HiVizMan
Level 40
For your inoformation, two 690 cards is quad SLi 🙂 You can not put any more 690 cards in system.