Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Hey Raja, Have you taken a look at my guide yet?? Id love some comments =) I just got a awful chip that makes me want to do 1.425+ V to do 4500mhz + :-\ wich I can still continue but I need this comp to last 3 years haha Ive already gone to 1.4 and 1.55v from the auto tuner hence what made me do what I did in the guide so I dont kill my comp XD

rakur
    Thanks, Raja. I really appreciate your helping out such a noob as me.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Running @ 5.0 GHZ 1.47 volts on Z68 Pro with no problems right now. I love Asus boards ! They Rock !

hyungikim
    Hey Raja^^

CPU Current Capability: Increases the power threshold before over-current protection limits power (either by shut-off or throttling). We set this to 140% for all overclocking (processor cooling permitting).

Safe?

thanks.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyungikim View Post
    Hey Raja^^

CPU Current Capability: Increases the power threshold before over-current protection limits power (either by shut-off or throttling). We set this to 140% for all overclocking (processor cooling permitting).

Safe?

thanks.
    Yes, safe. Have seen no issues due to this at all.

-Raja

hyungikim
    Quote Originally Posted by rakur View Post
    Now I used the AutoTurbo from the AI Suite II and it overclocked to 4.3 supposedly, but again, CPU-Z says only 3.41. What am I missing?
    EIST,C1,C3,C6: Disable

stupidolive

newbie needs help

Hi,
    I have an ASUS P8Z68-V LE board, I am having offset as AUTO right now and the Ratio is 43. I use a Corsair A70 heatsink/cpu cooler. I also got similar number to the one posted before that in idle, vcore is 1.048 and in prime95, it's at 1.328. I tried to offset to - 0.05 and it wont boot up, now i change to -0.02 and i got BSOD within 1 minute running Prime95. Is that weird? Right now i'm keeping at AUTO for OFFSET... and running prime95, the vcore is 1.328.
    Should i set something else?
    Also, there is ino dropdown menu in which I can set my CPU Voltage manual . Is that b/c i have the LE motherboard?
    I also wonder, between temp reported in Asus AI software and realtemp, which one i should believe? Real temp is saying i have 57-64-64-61C while ASUS says 42C. I am confused! thank you

Quote Originally Posted by stupidolive View Post
    Hi,
    I have an ASUS P8Z68-V LE board, I am having offset as AUTO right now and the Ratio is 43. I use a Corsair A70 heatsink/cpu cooler. I also got similar number to the one posted before that in idle, vcore is 1.048 and in prime95, it's at 1.328. I tried to offset to - 0.05 and it wont boot up, now i change to -0.02 and i got BSOD within 1 minute running Prime95. Is that weird? Right now i'm keeping at AUTO for OFFSET... and running prime95, the vcore is 1.328.
    Should i set something else?
    Also, there is ino dropdown menu in which I can set my CPU Voltage manual . Is that b/c i have the LE motherboard?
    I also wonder, between temp reported in Asus AI software and realtemp, which one i should believe? Real temp is saying i have 57-64-64-61C while ASUS says 42C. I am confused! thank you

If the system is throwing a BSOD under load then it is because the load VCore is too low - simple thing to do is stop subtracting voltage

Use Real Temp for CPU DTS temps, AI Suite temp report is Tcase for fan control.

-Raja

stupidolive
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    If the system is throwing a BSOD under load then it is because the load VCore is too low - simple thing to do is stop subtracting voltage

Use Real Temp for CPU DTS temps, AI Suite temp report is Tcase for fan control.

-Raja
    Oh I see. Yes I keep the offset mode as subtracting, and AUTO, so now it doesn't give me BSOD. Do you think it's better to keep AUTO in subtract or adjust using ADD a certain number? (i believe that prime95 uses between 1.28-1.34V for offset mode subtract and auto)
    Also, when I kept offset mode to subtract -0.005, which led to BSOD after 5 mins of prime95, it seems to me vcore was only at 1.26 or something while under load, auto was 1.33 or 1.34. so it doesn't seem to correspond like what the first post was saying... is that weird? Now I set offset mode to add 0.01 and am running prime95 its vcore is 1.28V for now. so i'm a bit confused. i hope you could help me answer
    thank you

Just find the voltage the CPU is stable at under full load and leave it at that. That's the only point of adjusting in the first place, there's no need to move the voltage around if Auto is almost the minimum voltage the processor is stable at.

-Raja

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast