Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important note when upgrading windows 7 to 8

pROGammer
Level 7
Before upgrading to Windows 8:

• DO NOT uninstall the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) driver
  • remove versions of NVIDIA VGA driver older than 23th October 2012 (V9.18.13.0668)
    and install NVIDIA VGA driver V9.18.13.0668 or higher under Windows 7 before upgrading to Windows 8

Sources: asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G75VW/#download
support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=VGA&p=3&os=30
More memory is more.
SSD means Super-Sonic Disc.
Thunderbolt is awesome and then some.
Ergonomics: feel is more important than looks.
18 REPLIES 18

berry_racer
Level 7
pROGammer wrote:
Before upgrading to Windows 8:

• DO NOT uninstall the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) driver
  • remove versions of NVIDIA VGA driver older than 23th October 2012 (V9.18.13.0668)
    and install NVIDIA VGA driver V9.18.13.0668 or higher under Windows 7 before upgrading to Windows 8

Sources: asus.com/Notebooks/Gaming_Powerhouse/G75VW/#download
support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=VGA&p=3&os=30

Seriously?

Jnmigr
Level 7
What about for people that already did the upgrade. What should we do?

Apexing
Level 9
or us that did clean install. serious lacking of win8 drivers from asus

Is there any update for the sypnactics touchpad driver for windows 8.? I cant turn off/on the touchpad using the function key.

Teddy wrote:
Is there any update for the sypnactics touchpad driver for windows 8.? I cant turn off/on the touchpad using the function key.

Yes!
Click on link, and then click on download tab.
Here's the link>>>>>
Click here
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

ATK .0023 works fine, but still no visual indication of toggling keyboard backlight level or touchpad on/off. Not a problem for me, but just figured I'd post back.

madnj
Level 9
Go to support.asus.com and search for "atk" or "atk package" and grab the latest (ends in 22). It will toggle it, but you will have no visual indicator.

Thanks for reply. Ill try that but still waiting from Asus for new drivers. I dunno why they taking too long.

madnj
Level 9
I'm sure it takes a while to get the monkeys in the lab to update the website and stop flinging poo at each other... KIDDING! I just went to the zoo today, so I had this flashback from the monkey exhibit (Bronx zoo NY, good times 🙂

I know there's got to be an internal testing process and I expect they don't want to release something that hasn't been sufficiently tested. I'm sure there's probably an ASUS internal resource who's tested them, but they probably need to be approved before they get posted.