cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73SW Nvidia Control Panel Display " Chi Mei Optoe..."

Retired
Not applicable
Was just looking into color settings in the Nvidia panel when i noticed my screen display as reading " Chi Mei Optoe... " its a new laptop , was just installing 1st round of hardware updates from Asus today , but not sure if was like that before updating , thought i seen it as something normal before .....

any idea thanks

chris
14 REPLIES 14

yetirog
Level 7
i have that to, just bought it yesterday, do u think ure screen looks slightly bluish in colour tint? dont knows either if chimei is any good screens

Retired
Not applicable
That was going to be my next question , coming default from factory , its definitley NOT 100% . This needs to be fixed for sure , for this much $$ it should be bang on .

xeromist
Crispy wrote:
thought i seen it as something normal before

Chi Mei is a display brand so that sounds normal to me.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Alright if theyre the manafacturer fine , the screen color is still off . Colors look muted , washed out even . Is there a way to get back to default or anything . Even watching COD trailer was painful , looked like a 10 year ol pute trying to run it , needs to be fixed .....

xeromist
You should have a system restore checkpoint within Windows from before you installed the drivers. That would allow you to go back to that point. Alternately you could just uninstall the driver and install an older version to see if it makes a difference. The color characteristics of panels do vary and it's possible that the panel chosen for your model is just very cool. Did you buy this from a store where they have one on display? That might allow you to compare to another and see if they all seem to be inadequate for you. That might help you determine if you want to merely exchange or change to another model entirely.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
It was like this before i did the updates , was one reason i went looking for all the updates . I just did a few tests ....

Played Iron Man II stream from Netflix , was outstanding ( suprisingly enough ) what i expected it should be like all the time .

KungFu Panda on DVD drive w/Roxio ( any good ? , never used before ) ... same as browsing/net washed out , and pale
----------- same------------- w/Media Player ...same as with Roxio , unacceptable .

...people with the 460M what nvidia drivers are you using right now ?

and any other ideas ...?

could it be the splendid application got corrupted?
-ASUS ROG G73SW-3DE-
-Intel Core i7-2630QM Mobile Quad Processor
-Intel HM65 Express Chipset +ICH10
-17.3" 1920x1080 120Hz Anti-Glare Matte Screen
-nVidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
-nVidia 3D Vision Active Shutter Glasses
-Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0
-THX TruStudio
-8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (Max 32GB)
-2x500 Seagate Momentous XT Hybrid HDD
-Blu-Ray 4x Burner
-Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Laser Mice
-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

-XBOX360, PS3, Wii

Retired
Not applicable
jorlanm wrote:
could it be the splendid application got corrupted?

Seen it , but never used the app yet ...

Just been in Nvidia panel and CP Display options

Retired
Not applicable
Where i really noticed was at xbox home page , green and yellow bands on right side . Just found the splendid app and with " gamma correction" selected it looks better . Now just have to re-test using same criteria as before with the movies ....what settings ( Splendid ) are others using ?

What players are people using for DVD/Blu's ....