Did you mean: 

Bios optimization for the G55VW

guod
Level 7
Is there a guide to the performance section settings? TIA
9 REPLIES 9

Zygomorphic
Level 17
I don't know of any. The BIOS settings are pretty good by default.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Forgottenbhs
Level 7
guod wrote:
Is there a guide to the performance section settings? TIA

There is one little tweak you can apply, under memory timing change it to Manual and the timings from 11-11-11-29t to 9-9-9-25. Slight performance increase.
Asus G55VW-RS71 - i7 3610QM, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660M 2GB, 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD

Thanks for the feedback.

Question on the memory settings. I'm using the new v214 BIOS and (knock on wood) it is behaving fine. I'd like to use an XMP profile. I'm guessing it is not available because the RAM provided with the G55VW isn't rated for XMP? Or is there some way to activate it?

My other question relates to the performance settings. Is there a reference somewhere defining what "23" and all the other settings mean?

Thanks again.

23 is you CPU clock multiplier. I suggest you leave it be as you won't really notice any performance increase by messing with it.

As for XMP profiles you needs compatible ram in order to select it. I believe XMP1 is rated for 9-9-9-24t and 1600mhz which is something you can set manually with your current ram.

Forgottenbhs wrote:
23 is you CPU clock multiplier. I suggest you leave it be as you won't really notice any performance increase by messing with it.

As for XMP profiles you needs compatible ram in order to select it. I believe XMP1 is rated for 9-9-9-24t and 1600mhz which is something you can set manually with your current ram.

If his memory cant pull those timings BSOD time. And the stock ram asus uses is crap.

bignazpwns wrote:
If his memory cant pull those timings BSOD time. And the stock ram asus uses is crap.

I've been running mine at 9-9-9-25 with the stock ram and I play multiple games and my computer stays on pretty much 24/7. I turn it off to go to sleep and I use it at work. Not one single BSOD or problems so far.

Forgottenbhs wrote:

You cant increase it. It's not unlocked chip. You can however decrease, which would be counter productive.

Forgottenbhs wrote:
There is one little tweak you can apply, under memory timing change it to Manual and the timings from 11-11-11-29t to 9-9-9-25. Slight performance increase.

I do not think you want to even consider that change if running with stock memory at CL 11 ( as most people are ).

ggBanks
Level 10
@bignazpwns have you done any RAM timings tweaks yet? And if yes what are stable timings for the stock RAM that ASUS ships the GX5s with?
Can we go lower than 9-9-9-25 if even that is an option?