cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!!! Raid 0 !!!!

1wickedchild
Level 7
I thought I understand the process but either I am missing something or the board is smarter than me. Let me walk you thru
the process I thought is correct.

1. In bios make sure that you set the sata to raid mode,
2. Hit f10
3. Hit ctrl I (this gets you in to build a raid)
4. Name your Raid
5. select what raid you want.(Raid 0)
6. Also have to select 128kb
7. Save

First I know I need two ssd that are the same.
I know that I have to select the two ssd drives to build the ray.
Once ray is built you should set the boot option in bios to dvd rom and usb.
And again save.

Now when you install OS (win 7 64 bit) you need to load the drivers for the ray.
This is where I get stuck.

I should see the ray I built and just have to select it and install the OS on it.

I can get to the steps right up to getting ready to install OS but either their is no disk to select and ask for the drivers which I put on USB stick but says their are non.

Now this is the question I wanted to ask when building the ray you are to select the two SSD's But a lot of times the second
one doesn't show but it says that their around 340 gb well I know I have two 180 gb intel 520 does this MB automaticlly choose them instead of me selecting the two.

What am I missing here???? Their are so many forums to read but I haven't came across the right one I wish their was one that
was sticky at the top with some of the other nice sticky.
9 REPLIES 9

hsp25
Level 8
Your raid will not show as 2 disks. Just 1
I didn't install raid but a revo drive. It sounds like a very similar installation. I found I needed to click on the + next to the usb stick then click on the actual file the drivers were in. Otherwise is said there were no drivers (actually I put my drivers onto a cd but same thing)

Hope this helps

1wickedchild
Level 7
Thx for the help I will have to look to see if that will help any thoughts are welcomed. Usually it is the small easy thing that I over look sometimes.

HiVizMan
Level 40
No you do not need to load any drivers for a RAID in Win7. Or at least I have yet to.

If your OS is SP1 then there is no problem.

And if you go to the front page and use guide as a search term you will see a step by step RAID set up guide.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thx you I will check it out.

FirstFlyte
Level 9
Hi 1wickedchild,

Time to try and give back...I've received fabulous help here and think I may be able to help a little. Please note that I'm a relative NOOB when it comes to this stuff, but I recently had what I believe are similar issues to the ones you're having.

1wickedchild wrote:
--- snip ---

6. Also have to select 128kb

--- snip ---

Not necessarily...but shouldn't be a showstopper. Check this recent thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?24396-More-SSD-Configuration-Questions...*sigh*

1wickedchild wrote:
--- snip ---

I can get to the steps right up to getting ready to install OS but either their is no disk to select and ask for the drivers which I put on USB stick but says their are non.

--- snip ---

Your issue seems similar to my own, which I managed to solve with help from the fine folks who hang out here.

Here's a thread I started on the issues I was having: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?24010-Can-t-load-Intel-RAID-drivers-during-Windows-7-Profes...

Notes:

1. The thread contains a link to drivers which worked for me.
2. I plugged the USB stick containing the drivers into the ROG (USB 2) port on the back of my motherboard (RIVF) - I had tried other ports and this one worked.
3. I unplugged EVERYTHING storage-related except the SSD RAID 0 array.
4. I loaded Win 7 Professional from CD.

Cheers,

FirstFlyte
CPU: i7-3930K @ 3.20 MB: Rampage IV Formula (BIOS: 2105) RAM: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (2400 OC) GFX: 2 x Gigabyte Geforce GTX 660Ti (2-way SLI) Boot Disk: 2 x 128GB Samsung 830 (RAID 0) Data Disks: WD Velociraptor 1TB, HGST 7K4000 4TB Cooling: Corsair H80 PSU: Corsair AX1200 Case: Corsair 600T (White Edition) Monitor: Dell U2711 O/S: Win 7 Professional SP1

HiVizMan
Level 40
Repped FirstFlyte - really nice post with heaps of information. Thank you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Luumi
Level 10
Just take the RAID folder from your motherboards support cd's RSTe folder. It asks me the same thing. The required file is iaStorA.inf, just put it on a usb key and load it when it asks it. You may need to browse to the 64/32 bit folder where that file is before it recognizes it.
Sinebrychof aka Luumi

m_oreilly
Level 7
it's actually the ahci driver win7 is looking for, the F6 driver from your favorite 3 series bundle of drivers will work.
Asus Rampage IV GENE
i7 3930k @ 4.8 24/7
custom loop
16 gigs Trident X
HIS HD7970
2x OCZ Vector 256gb raid0 via UEFI
Crossover 27Q
Win8 pro

1wickedchild
Level 7
Thx guys I will have to try these things out this weekend I'm to busy at work to try now.