cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Win8 USB driver problem

justrain
Level 7
Hi,

Hello, I've just upgraded my laptop to Win 8 via the update program and I seem to be having problems with my computer detecting all USB peripheral drivers: according to Device Manager there's some error with
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller

Does anyone have seen this problem?
8 REPLIES 8

rewben
Level 13
dude there is no need to show the details of your ASUS account 😕

if you haven't already, try to reinstall the intel related drivers (chipset, RST, MEI, USB3.0). actually everything should work fine, with minor issues like atheros wifi and power4gear.

ElJefe
Level 7
justrain wrote:
Hi,

Hello, I've just upgraded my laptop to Win 8 via the update program and I seem to be having problems with my computer detecting all USB peripheral drivers: according to Device Manager there's some error with

I have seen the problem with Win8 Enterprise RC and the older G72. The problem I had was that Win8's driver signing enforcement. I went about it a few other ways, but try here. That fixed the problem for me. I hope this helps.

Forgottenbhs
Level 7
justrain wrote:
Hi,

The reason you're having issues with USB is because Windown 8 either natively supports USB3.0 or has it's own USB drivers. You were supposed to uninstall the USB drivers prior to upgrading.
Asus G55VW-RS71 - i7 3610QM, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660M 2GB, 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD

What re the drivers name for USB 3.0 for Windows 8?

Well, actually I did uninstall my usb drivers because the Win 8 install process prompted me that there were compatibility issues with that driver, so after the install process I tried running the USB3 Intel driver found on Intel site and a prompt appears telling me that the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver has compatibility issues and doesn't allow to do anything with it. I did upgrade all Intel drivers that are up at the Asus download page but can't get the:
Intel 7 Series/C216 Chipset USB - 1E2d and 1E26 to work.

justrain wrote:
Well, actually I did uninstall my usb drivers because the Win 8 install process prompted me that there were compatibility issues with that driver, so after the install process I tried running the USB3 Intel driver found on Intel site and a prompt appears telling me that the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver has compatibility issues and doesn't allow to do anything with it. I did upgrade all Intel drivers that are up at the Asus download page but can't get the:
Intel 7 Series/C216 Chipset USB - 1E2d and 1E26 to work.

Does your trackpad still work? If so try installing the latest INF driver from Intel website. The Win7 version should be fine, just make sure to initialize install from command prompt and use -overall and -overite (I don't exactly remember this one) commands.
Asus G55VW-RS71 - i7 3610QM, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660M 2GB, 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD

Forgottenbhs wrote:
Does your trackpad still work? If so try installing the latest INF driver from Intel website. The Win7 version should be fine, just make sure to initialize install from command prompt and use -overall and -overite (I don't exactly remember this one) commands.

Just tried installing both versions, the one at intel and the one at the asus download center, with -overall and -override options set on cmd but the problem still persists...

Aurora
Level 7
you need to install asus usb charger plus once or twice, mine worked after installing that