cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When via o asus made a sub fix???maybe when the g75 will be obsolete??

natejr
Level 7
I just want to know if VIA and ASUS are working on the problem of sub set wrong. I've tried every driver and the problem is always the same: the sub distorts both low and high volume. I swear to god that is the last product I buy from asus , because given the low post-sales support. @ MARSHALL Do you knows something about a new driver release that solves the problem? wait for reply thanks
30 REPLIES 30

X-ROG
Level 15
Almost everyone now reports the audio issues have been corrected with the most recent drivers. If you still get distortion or problems I would seek an RMA sorry. It should not distort, it's been tuned to meet SonicMaster Lite standards.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Almost everyone now reports the audio issues have been corrected with the most recent drivers. If you still get distortion or problems I would seek an RMA sorry. It should not distort, it's been tuned to meet SonicMaster Lite standards.

So after i have make the second rma for the same problem,the audio distort,so for for two times the problem reported by the tech is the same ''audio error'' and for TWO TIMES the speackers are changed from my pc..but..the problem is still here , every driver , win 7 o 8 , the sub distort , mutch or not mutch depending what you are listening..so i have lost many times for nothing,so FU.CK YOU ASUS , I NEVER BUY ANYMORE FROM YOU AND I TELL TO ALL THE PEOPLE I KNOW AND MY FRIEND : ''DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM ASUS'',and in the future i buy a Alienware. Holy SHI.T Asus
FU.CK you with your SHI.T sonicmaster
Goodbye

natejr wrote:
So after i have make the second rma for the same problem,the audio distort,so for for two times the problem reported by the tech is the same ''audio error'' and for TWO TIMES the speackers are changed from my pc..but..the problem is still here , every driver , win 7 o 8 , the sub distort , mutch or not mutch depending what you are listening..so i have lost many times for nothing,so FU.CK YOU ASUS , I NEVER BUY ANYMORE FROM YOU AND I TELL TO ALL THE PEOPLE I KNOW AND MY FRIEND : ''DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM ASUS'',and in the future i buy a Alienware. Holy SHI.T Asus
FU.CK you with your SHI.T sonicmaster
Goodbye

Not a good way to get their help. I've never had distortion problems, maybe you're doing things that blow the speaker. That's not their fault if it's the case, it's yours.
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

finalhour wrote:
Not a good way to get their help. I've never had distortion problems, maybe you're doing things that blow the speaker. That's not their fault if it's the case, it's yours.

Why is my fault??i just today turn on the g75 comeback by the second rma for the same problem , the sub distorsion , and listen some ORIGINAL cd , not mp3 o streaming and the problem is still here , is not my problem , i don't have put at max the cd of Iron Maiden o System of a dowm , i listen pop-slow-rock music , try to listen this song and tell me if your sub distort the sound (special in the first ten second):
http://www.thevervelive.com/search?updated-max=2012-08-29T19:22:00-04:00&max-results=7
the song is Elly McCabe's "The Daisy Field'' o try to listen the album ''Human Conditions'' by Richard Ashcroft..
the thing i hate and why i'am so frustrated and angry is that the sound is sometimes good,for example the albums of Nirvana and i don't understand why..o maybe i must make the third rma???
Please reply
Thanks for the help

natejr wrote:
Why is my fault??i just today turn on the g75 comeback by the second rma for the same problem , the sub distorsion , and listen some ORIGINAL cd , not mp3 o streaming and the problem is still here , is not my problem , i don't have put at max the cd of Iron Maiden o System of a dowm , i listen pop-slow-rock music , try to listen this song and tell me if your sub distort the sound (special in the first ten second):
http://www.thevervelive.com/search?updated-max=2012-08-29T19:22:00-04:00&max-results=7
the song is Elly McCabe's "The Daisy Field'' o try to listen the album ''Human Conditions'' by Richard Ashcroft..
the thing i hate and why i'am so frustrated and angry is that the sound is sometimes good,for example the albums of Nirvana and i don't understand why..o maybe i must make the third rma???
Please reply
Thanks for the help

See but I play mine at full blast and I do listen to bands that are actually louder than Iron Maiden (Whitechapel, Pig Destroyer, Sepultura, etc) and have had no issues. I'll try listening to that song when I get home and I'll let you know, maybe it's the EQ settings? Do you have the EQ enabled?
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

Thanks for the help!!i try first without set EQ , and with the setting by CMAN and the other guy there are up in the forum,but have always distortirtion,mutch in the song of Elly McCabe's "The Daisy Field'' and with ''human conditions'' of Richard A.The crazy thing is that the sub play fine with the heavy songs but distorted mutch with the slow and ''light'' songs..in the first rma they have changed the speackers,the motherboard+vga and in the second the speackers again and the keyboard...
thanks for the reply..

Please don't take this the wrong way, but just to state the obvious, have you tried to play different recordings of those same problematic songs (download a different rip, or play direct from another CD or something)? Or tried to play those same problematic recordings on some other device to see if the distortion is from a bad recording and not the ASUS speaker system?

It just seems weird that you are having the problem only on certain songs. True it is probably a specific range of frequency that is distorting each time, but you would think that would happen over a larger sampling (more songs) than just a few that you are mentioning.

Also, maybe consider playing the songs on a different player.

natejr wrote:
Please reply
Thanks for the help

I tried it. (the link you sent) Full blast, sub maxxed out, and NO distortion. I'm not gonna bother with EQ settings. It's not distorting and I have mine off.

tkolarik
Level 9
The audio drivers have not been fixed! They got some issues corrected enough to keep customers off their backside. I still have software that tries to send output to the speakers and the only way to get any sound at all is change from 2.1 to 2.0 and disable the subwoofer. Then it sounds worse than a $200 Walmart netbook computer.