cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW unexpected behavior !!

StereoROG
Level 7
Was a normal day checking my mail, browsing the net got bored lunched a game got excited you know how ROG people do...

BUT then again as we are ROG you get unexpected things happening suddenly...

I simply restarted my G75 which i like (ignoring the issues that it has) , one the the fans throttled to the max... all the day the laptop was doing its job really good keeping itself cool :cool: like it suppose to , i didn't do any changes to anything... I almost got scared as i was really surprised, i thought i was gonna see smoke coming out of the laptop.... which thank god it didn't happen.

Everything loaded smoothly got into windows and everything was normal while the fan took its time to go back to its idle stat.

Just wanted to share with you guys this and of course if you have any comments please let me know as i have no idea what happened thus i'm not sure what to check or diagnose.

Be ROG or die trying...
2 REPLIES 2

tkolarik
Level 9
WOW! You just let your laptop run with the fans at max all day and didn't think that there was a problem? I would have done some investigating like open the System Resources or at least shut it down.

Only similar issue i ever had was looping Java code. Like the Minecraft opening window, java just makes the CPU maxout.

StereoROG
Level 7
😉 not all day tkolatrik it was running at idle but when i restarted the laptop the fan kicked to the max at the start screen of the bios.

then while loading to windows speed went back to normal slowly..

I'm always keeping eye on temps and it runs smooth all the time even when gaming "Battlefield 3" pretty demanding on both CPU ad GPU.

That's why it was unexpected behavior.