cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73SW-A1 screen problem

Retired
Not applicable
This is my first ASUS... I received my new G73SW-A1 notebook 4 days ago and since I first turned it on. the screen shows red dots (along the left side and all with less intensity allover the screen) Photos and videos when viewed have the same problems as the red pixels seems to replace the darkest pure tone of black.) Also all windows opened have light green instead of pure white background-- it seems green is covering the white original pixels. Within this light green pistachio background all text has white shadows) while at start up the window logo, mpouse pointer and microsoft text has red pixels shadows.

I am frustrated since I wrote to ASUS tech support but didn't reply yet and I need help help. i tried color management calibration did not help
but when I connected notebook to an external HD LCD monitor, all problem disappeared on the external screen but in the same time were still visible on notebook screen.

Any advice on what is wrong? how to fix it??
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
The screen itself may be faulty. Have you contacted the vendor that sold you the lappy yet?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Hi m also having a screen problem, its been 2 months since i bought the G73. Just yesterday it started, while playing my screen went blank while the game continued. I restarted the laptop but the screen would not start up! I tried several time but nothing happend, then i plugged the laptop to my monitor n the screen showed up, telling me it will restart, to fix the problem. After the restart, the screen turned on on the laptop, n after some time it went black again with the system still running. i restarted with the same problem as above, I plugged it to my moniter n it worked again, and at the same time the laptop's screen would start up too! Currently my screen is working, with that sudden balckout happening smtimes. I want to know if theres a problem wid my system, should i worry or not??

xeromist
Have you tried using the display output hotkeys to cycle through displays when it goes blank? Another user reported that his laptop was detecting an external display that wasn't attached. Depending on your settings something like that could cause the screen to go blank.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I think I am getting almost the same error as the OP on this post, I have a very thin band of green pixels down the left side of the screen and a smear of pink pixels generally spread but not every where throughout the screen. The laptop is 6 mo old and in perfect condition otherwise. I have been looking around the internet but I dont see any resolution apart from getting a replacement laptop from the seller. This issue started today, the laptop is 64bit Win7 chip is i7 2630 QM video card is nvidea
Here is a screenclip

andrew_saltis
Level 7
Well, the previous jpg showed that it was a screen display issue as it doesn't show in the post, it was solved by taking it back to the vendor who fixed it foc.
Scroll forward to the present day, 4 years later, the issue occurred again, green and pink pixelation. The temp fix (mentioned on other ROG posts) of physically pressing down on the area between the keyboard and the speakers worked for about a week then the pressing down stopped being effective.

So I just took it in to the original vendor (yay they didn't go out of business), NCIX gets a shout out. They currently indicate it's likely a video card issue.

Will update this with the final outcome.