cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite and Windows 8

Antykain
Level 7
So, I just did a clean install of Windows 8 and when I was on the ASUS Support downloads area for the CHV, there was no support for Windows 8 really. AI Charger+ is the only utility showing up. I am mainly wondering about AI Suite and if there will be Windows 8 support coming for it, along with the other utilities for the CHV on the site. The current release for AI Suite, under Windows 7 64-bit, was not liked by my Win 8 64-bit install.. Maybe running it under Win 7 compatibility mode might work out. I'll give that a go.

EDIT: I checked out the CHV-Z support page and it had the AI Suite listed under Windows 8. Downloaded and installed it.. Seem to be working good. No issues as of yet..

Still hoping the base CHV gets more Windows 8 support in the future..
| ASUS Z390 Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi | Intel i9-9900K | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600MHz 16GB | Intel 530 Series 480GB SSD | Samsung 860 1TB GB SSD x 2 | Corsair AX860i | ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz x2 | XSPC & EK Custom Watercooling |
4 REPLIES 4

cl-scott
Level 12
Seems like I heard somewhere or the other that there was really only one program that needed a minor update to work with Win 8. Appearances aside, there aren't a lot of under the hood changes to Windows 8 that should really impact this sort of thing. So you should be able to go right on using the older Win 7 versions without issue.

Thomas
Level 10
Make sure you are using the latest MEI driver.
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

Praz
Level 13
Antykain wrote:
EDIT: I checked out the CHV-Z support page and it had the AI Suite listed under Windows 8. Downloaded and installed it.. Seem to be working good. No issues as of yet..

Still hoping the base CHV gets more Windows 8 support in the future..

There is no workaround for getting the C5F AI Suite to install in Win8. As you have found the Z version works fine though.

Do you believe that eventually an updated package for the Crosshair V Suite will appear for windows 8 and how long would you expect it to take for said package to appear? I purchased a cheap copy of windows 8 and while I do like some of the improvements to the base of windows I'm not entirely happy with the new UI as well. That doesn't mean that I can't get around that and its not really a big deal.

If its a reasonable amount of time like 2 maybe 3 weeks from now I can wait for an official package to install, but if not I guess if I decide to jump onto the windows 8 wagon I'll just use the Z installation.