cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 microphone plug

Pengu
Level 7
I'm posting in this thread because of the lovely new revelation that my microphone plug no longer seems to work. The plug for my headset works. I tried to get the VIA drivers working directly from the site but that only resulted in me losing all audio devices until i restarted my pc.

I'm running a g75v currently so i've been kinda perplexed at the lack of a "audio" section under the windows 8 driver page where one is clearly available on the windows 7 side. Seems like a bad idea to not have audio drivers out on launch 😞

IF anybody has a fix for this please throw it my way, its getting brutal using the built in microphone that is extremely quiet.
2 REPLIES 2

finalhour
Level 11
Pengu wrote:
I'm posting in this thread because of the lovely new revelation that my microphone plug no longer seems to work. The plug for my headset works. I tried to get the VIA drivers working directly from the site but that only resulted in me losing all audio devices until i restarted my pc.

I'm running a g75v currently so i've been kinda perplexed at the lack of a "audio" section under the windows 8 driver page where one is clearly available on the windows 7 side. Seems like a bad idea to not have audio drivers out on launch 😞

IF anybody has a fix for this please throw it my way, its getting brutal using the built in microphone that is extremely quiet.

Try searching for threads next time. There's already a VIA thread and one of the ASUS mods said (today) that they're working on one but it's not ready yet.
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

Thanks For the information, i was unable to find this when i searched,