cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messed up temps

Towel
Level 7
So, I have an H100 water cooling thingy that I bought, installed 4 Scythe Ultra Kaze's in Push/Pull configuration, stuck an NZXT Sentry Mix on that front bay and hooked up the Scythe fans on it. Thing is, I have to keep the fan controller on the lowest setting all the time, the higher I make the fans spin, the higher the temperature gets on my CPU, WHY IS THAT? -.-
9 REPLIES 9

pcjunkie209
Level 9
Towel wrote:
So, I have an H100 water cooling thingy that I bought, installed 4 Scythe Ultra Kaze's in Push/Pull configuration, stuck an NZXT Sentry Mix on that front bay and hooked up the Scythe fans on it. Thing is, I have to keep the fan controller on the lowest setting all the time, the higher I make the fans spin, the higher the temperature gets on my CPU, WHY IS THAT? -.-

Thats weird. Don't mean to sound like an A$$ but to me it sounds like the fans are either both pulling or pushing?
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

TenBlade
Level 11
Is the intake of air into the case equal to the output, when fans turn at max? If not, you´re creating a relative vacuum, and then less cooling air particles are pushed through.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Where is the H100 pump plugged in ? ....a pic might help here....

Retired
Not applicable
Ultrakaze pull a fair amount of amp, can your fan controller handle that?

if its the 3k rpm ones..

fans on 1 channel?

Zka17
Level 16
Yeap, some pics would help here... top and bottom of the radiator to see the fans on the H100's rad, and also a pic with the fan controller...

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello

How are you measuring your temps? What application (or applications) are you using and what are those temps.

Confirm that the pump of your cooler is actually working please.

And please indicate the direction of air flow from both fans, I too think you might have the fans pushing against each other. Test this by removing two fans and noting down the temp difference between 4 and 2.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Towel
Level 7
I can't remove them, well, I could but it would be a pain in the ass to get back in as last time I almost destroyed everything in my computer putting it in... Yes, the UK's are the 3K RPM ones, each fan has it's own channel in the fan controller so they aren't sharing. I already know the fans are in push/pull though, and it might just be the stock fans in the case not in-taking enough air the UK's can suck in... The case is a HAF 932, the radiator is mounted at the top, there's also one UK fan at the back exhaust, the door fan and the front fan are stock. Should I replace those? If so, what fans would fit them?

Retired
Not applicable
thats 2,4 amp..

You need a heavy duty fan controller, to run them on 1 single channel..

Or else, its just a matter of time, before your controller will go up in smoke..

Ok 1 on each channel.. 0.60 amp X 4

X Pack wrote:
thats 2,4 amp..

You need a heavy duty fan controller, to run them on 1 single channel..

Or else, its just a matter of time, before your controller will go up in smoke..

Ok 1 on each channel.. 0.60 amp X 4

Huh...? The Sentry Mix is 50W per channel, the Ultra Kaze's are 7.2W each fan, which means that I could put up to 6 fans on one channel... I just can't find a 3-Pin Y splitter to attatch 2 fans or more to one channel.