cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 Tiles Too Small

Biofall
Level 7
So I updated the nvidia graphics drivers AFTER I installed Windows 8, and I have the resolution set to native, but I'm getting tiny tiles. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Attached is an image of what my homescreen looks like along with my resolution settings page.1319313194
8 REPLIES 8

john_from_ohio
Level 11
Biofall wrote:
So I updated the nvidia graphics drivers AFTER I installed Windows 8, and I have the resolution set to native, but I'm getting tiny tiles. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Attached is an image of what my homescreen looks like along with my resolution settings page.1319313194

Pretty sure you can customize the tiles to some degree ... double size ... longer size ... etc ... if you don't want to change resolution.

Or put in something to go directly to desktop with a real start menu button ... another option.

As my post says, it's a resolution problem, likely some weird driver issue. You can make some tiles twice the size, and that is it. That is not my problem.

Thank you for your opinion though, that thing about the start button really helped.

Biofall wrote:
As my post says, it's a resolution problem, likely some weird driver issue. You can make some tiles twice the size, and that is it. That is not my problem.

Thank you for your opinion though, that thing about the start button really helped.

So those look normal, I'm sure you can zoom in but I can read them from the thumbnail, you shouldn't have trouble from your screen. I agree with the others on here. If you don't like it, that's fine, but you asked haha...
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

Clintlgm
Level 14
They look normal size to me, I don't look at mine anymore, I installed Classic Shell, I have my normal desktop again pretty much. I've even gotten some of my gadgets to work, using a Vista side bar. No more useless tiles for me
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Biofall
Level 7
I'm glad you guys all satisfied your need to bash the tiles here. I asked what to do to fix a problem. If you can't tell what the problem is, then google image search an actual windows 8 desktop. There is much less displayed on the screen.

Biofall wrote:
I'm glad you guys all satisfied your need to bash the tiles here. I asked what to do to fix a problem. If you can't tell what the problem is, then google image search an actual windows 8 desktop. There is much less displayed on the screen.

Dude ... people pointed out options ... you asked ... chill.

Change your resolution if you want ... your machine looks perfectly normal at 1920 x 1080 ... otherwise talk to Microsoft they are the ones that designed it to look like that.

Probably are some good windows 8 specific forums ... use google to search for them ...

Apexing
Level 9
looks perfectly normal to me.
mine looks about the same.
http://s15.postimage.org/kyorwq6bd/tiles.jpg
with same screen res as you

ggBanks
Level 10
When in Start Screen press WinKey + I and then click on Tiles. There should be the settings for how big your tiles are.