cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not happy with asus

erbsmoke
Level 7
havent even had my g74 for a year, sending it in for the 3rd time. should be the 4th time but i was so mad, that the first 6 months, i maybe had the laptop in my possesion for alil less than half of the 6 months.i got to miss all the good game releases I BOUGHT THE LAPTOP FOR. the worst part is that they could have fixed it the first time i sent it in. they claim they "replaced" the hard drive and installed a new version of windows 7. well common sense says if they put a NEW hdd, i would never had to post this. really odd how after i get my computer back from asus the second time sending it in. i get back it with bright white dots(coincidence?) upon startup and not to mention the same exact problem i had sent it in for to begin with. after spending around 4 or 5 hours of using remote assisstance with a microsoft techie(costs 100$) i figure i will give asus one more call. so after this post i am shipping it in AGAIN. im am almost broken hearted. asus ROG was my FAVORITE in the world. have had nothing but great things to say about your products. i think my rant is done.

P.S. the worst part about it all is how the customer service treats you when you call. i dont even want to get into how ASUS has made me feel like nothing more than a worthless sucker that paid them money and never got what i paid for. WARRANTY???i had to fight with you guys for 8 months. im almost willing to bet my busted g74 that i will get it back with the same exact problem. and i even told the guy on the phone i am willing to pay.......I JUST WANNA PLAY GW2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello erbsmoke, would you be so kind as to give Scott a pm he works in the N American ASUS customer suppert I understand and he should be able to help you with this problem. This is his pm addy. cl-scott
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i yeah i will do that...........i have already set up my rma and what not. i will be sending it out on my way to work. i pray to the Rog Gods that they just help me out.

chrsplmr
Level 18
erbSmoke .. Welcome to ROG .. What took you so long to join us friend ?
Please do as HiViz suggests and let Mr. cl-scott get eyes on your prized G. (include rma #'s, incident #'s ect.)

All involved 'hate' these stories and trust that none here will tolerate it. (They work to hard to.)
'We' are also disgusted with 'some' (they are the exception not the rule) so-called 'customer support' personell.

" and i even told the guy on the phone i am willing to pay.......I JUST WANNA PLAY GW2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
Not too much to ask ... it is what you 'paid' for in the first place.

Also - I would like to say thank you for the patience in your post .. Please, keep us 'posted'.

NOTE to Visitors: This thread is a perfect example of why it is a good idea to be a Member .. cl-scott ... ect, ect.c.

i just wanna throw this out there. this is the 2nd straight Asus ROG laptop i have bought in a row. i love games and by golly the g74 kicks butt, kinda need a stable hard drive tho............

chrsplmr
Level 18
When you get it back in perfect working condition 'this time' ... May I suggest three little letters to you ??? SSD.

yes maybe, 1tb should be more than plenty for my purposes

erbsmoke wrote:
yes maybe, 1tb should be more than plenty for my purposes

That would be a second thought for storage (if you need a TB on your Lappy.SATA.) I was suggesting a SSD (hd).c.

Gorman
Level 12
Welcome to the forums.

mrwolf
Level 10
Heyy Gorman (My PS2 name is Hashlak btw). Didnt know you were here too lol, Our outfit should be the Official ROG planetside2 outfit :cool: