cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 questions Bevor buying a Asus G55VW 1073H

CraigDE
Level 7
Hi there

hopefully someone can answer these questions it would help me with my decission to buy this book.

1. Does anyone Knows if i can upgrate a .mSata SSD. in that notebook (does it have the conection) and if yes is there
somewere a "how to" ?
im asking because there is a modell allready with msata ssd but it would be cheaper for me to do it myself, and id like to run it
with my OCZ SSD

2. can someone tell me if there is the Intel HD4000 graphicscard enabeld or disabled if so is there a posibility to activate it.
Id really like to use my intel WIDI adapter.

so for now thats my only questions hopefully someone can answer those 😉

Sincerely

Craig
1 REPLY 1

Forgottenbhs
Level 7
CraigDE wrote:
Hi there

hopefully someone can answer these questions it would help me with my decission to buy this book.

1. Does anyone Knows if i can upgrate a .mSata SSD. in that notebook (does it have the conection) and if yes is there
somewere a "how to" ?
im asking because there is a modell allready with msata ssd but it would be cheaper for me to do it myself, and id like to run it
with my OCZ SSD

2. can someone tell me if there is the Intel HD4000 graphicscard enabeld or disabled if so is there a posibility to activate it.
Id really like to use my intel WIDI adapter.

so for now thats my only questions hopefully someone can answer those 😉

Sincerely

Craig

1) The G55VW has a port for an mSATA SSD, however, you would have to take the whole laptop apart in order to gain access to it and it will void your warranty with Asus.

2) If I am not mistaken the Intel HD graphics is disabled and cannot be enabled. I am not sure whether the motherboard itself has the ability to support it.
Asus G55VW-RS71 - i7 3610QM, 8GB DDR3, GTX 660M 2GB, 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD