cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Wow

immaturegizzmoe
Level 10
I have been running World of Warcraft for several years with no problems. A couple of days ago I tried logging on and it came to a blue screen that said critical error. I looked and my Nvidia 8800 GT ( I know I am behind ) had a driver update available. I downloaded the new driver, logged in and played that afternoon with no problems. Since logging out that evening I cannot log back in, it keeps giving me the blue screen saying critical error. No other programs or internet has any problem, they work fine, and blizzard dosent know of any problems. My friends can log on and play fine. I also downloaded Dead Space 2 and after downloading it will not play, it starts to load then says this program needs to close. Anyone have any ideas, the only thing hardware related i have noticed is that my gpu fan stopped working about a month ago and I have to enter nvidia n tune and turn it on manually. Could this be a graphics card going bad.
8 REPLIES 8

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
That fan bit doesn't sound too good but it might not mean it is the card this can happen with RAM problems too. I would memtest the RAM, error check your drives etc too.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
That fan bit doesn't sound too good but it might not mean it is the card this can happen with RAM problems too. I would memtest the RAM, error check your drives etc too.

thanks, will try that.

PlaneName
Level 10
Hey immaturegizzmoe,

Download this:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

When the BSOD appear let it do the physical memory dump, so BlueScreenView identify which file is corrupted. When you have BlueScreenView downloaded, installed, open the application. If BlueScreenView not showing any minidump files, make sure to play WoW and wait for the BSOD and let it finishing creating the memory dump file.

After that, they will show the corrupted files by showing the red-highlighted bars. Just tell us those files and the error, then we will know where to go from there. It's better to go into the Windows forums (What is your OS first of all?) to get more help from there.
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

PlaneName wrote:
Hey immaturegizzmoe,

Download this:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

When the BSOD appear let it do the physical memory dump, so BlueScreenView identify which file is corrupted. When you have BlueScreenView downloaded, installed, open the application. If BlueScreenView not showing any minidump files, make sure to play WoW and wait for the BSOD and let it finishing creating the memory dump file.

After that, they will show the corrupted files by showing the red-highlighted bars. Just tell us those files and the error, then we will know where to go from there. It's better to go into the Windows forums (What is your OS first of all?) to get more help from there.

I will try this, thanks. I am running windows vista service pack 3

PlaneName
Level 10
Very nice! don't forget to tell us how it went! if you know what to do from there, that's when you should finally know what is the error and do some searching on the windows forums for that error. I've been getting allot of BSOD's and the windows forums helps me allot and I'm memorizing most of the error's that I have been through :P.
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

MrRyaz
Level 10
i have had problems with wow before but from your description it sounds like its all games?
the problem i had was with an OC on my old system where the RAM was not 100% stable and as WOW uses a lot of ram ( back in those days) and caused bluescreens & crashes. So i would try memtest like Arne Saknussemm suggested

mrwolf
Level 10
Im surprised people still play wow.. Havnt you guys got bored of that after so many years lol? and graphics are olldd skoool !
You guys should give guildwars 2 a try 🙂

MrRyaz
Level 10
i dont mean to turn this into a gaming discussion but i played GW2 for a bit but i went back to wow, graphics and game mechanics arnt everything im gaming...