Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

well at my work they use laptops to draw, autocad and sutch.
    works like a charm.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

aparently itll run fine on a dual core at 3ghz so ill run my 6core at 6ghz

yeah? I don't know if I am just stopping at cad though. I'm still taking college classes but schools computers suck so I am building my own so I dont have to worry about losing my work. But i also have plans on taking linux classes and mechanical cad, and basically whatever else my college has I want to try game design though.

so just in case i end up getting into some hairy **** I'll have a computer that can handle it.. cuz my current pc couldnt start. and cad is easy for me so I will probably find something better to do.

mostly want a superpowerful awesome custom RoG pc.. i mean i only wanted one since i was 10 and AMD chips actually beat intel chips. and i got money so i figure now is the time.

and i want to have my own server for games. mostly i just love compputers and i want to build one that i can do crazy **** with. thats why i said beowulf

Just out of curiosity, what that particular case?

If I was your customer, I'd want to know why I'd need a ~ $400 case, as opposed to one more ~ $150-ish.

Just an honest question...
    "If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
    G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

and autocad only has workstationcards on their compatibility list

but yeha i just love computers andi finally can build a crazy one

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

I don't know anything about the Graphic cards for work.
    Nvidia vs ATI, 680 vs 7970 it's just a personal preference.

You mentioned the Elite. The elite isn't really that much better. If you check the link I linked about CPU waterblocks the supremacy performs great but not at the top. So I would not choose the Supremacu Elite due to it's performing bein close to the normal supremacy. And the Plexi looks better.
    | Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
    | Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
    | SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
    | Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

If this is a serious workstation for 3D Rendering & CAD work, Quadro is the best you can get.

Scratch those GTX 680's off your list and get as many Quadro cards as you can into that workstation.

chino, from what i can remember him stating in the start of the tread.
    he want it on both game and cad.

Yeah I like playing games very much so. the cad is just an excuse to spend all that money. so i was thinkin sli 680s + a 4000 a 5000k or a good ati one for around a thousand. or if i need to spend over 2 get a tesla for all those retarded gFLops

if i was gonna build a work only workstation id get a server board 2 E5 6-cores and a nividia 6000 or better

but i dont think that can play games

@ krindor and whats the top then krindor that link was not accessable to me. should i get the copper raystorm then?

i think ill just get 2 680s water cool n go from there... but i heard that its better to get 2 690s instead iof 1 tesla. so maybe ill just buy 690s?

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

Top is Swiftech Apogee HD and Alphacool Nexxxos but they are ugly. I recommend the Raystorm Copper. I use it myself without any problems and it looks sexy
    Otherwise have a look at the EKWB Supremacy Plexi
    | Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
    | Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
    | SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
    | Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast