cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS CG8580 technical issues prior to purchase

Szajda
Level 7
Thought too hear about ASUS CG8580 technical issues prior to purchase

A) I would like to know which motherboard included in the ASUS CG8580.
The information I have found on the net that it is an Asus P8Z77 - V Pro Series, is that correct?

B) How much memory can I have in (Asus P8Z77 - V Pro) I have been told that the ASUS CG8580 only manage 16Gb while Intel Z77 chip and motherboard Asus P8Z77 - V Pro can handle 32 GB of memory?

C) How many internal hard drives can I connect the ASUS CG8580?

D) Can In future replace Video card to any new ROG Graphics Card? without breaking the warranty?

E) Where can I buy extra warranty for an ASUS CG8580 in Sweden?
5 REPLIES 5

Szajda
Level 7
No one here on the forum who own an ASUS CG8580? or know someone who owns one?

X-ROG
Level 15
Hi Szajda,

Sorry for the late reply.

> The motherboard is based on the P8Z77-V series, similar to the Pro but not exactly. It's had some modifications to suit the CG series on-the-fly overclocking.

> 32GB Max. The most we ship it with is 16GB I think. It's highly recommended you buy a single 32GB kit or try to match the specs of the shipped memory as best as possible to maximize compatibility.

> HDD.. I can't remember exactly sorry. 😞

> The warranty may change due to local laws, however I think it should be OK to upgrade the CG in normal means - PCI/PCIe cads, SSDs, HDD, memory. Further dismantling of parts like the CPU cooler would be more questionable though. Any case modding like cutting/breaking etc is obviously a no-no to the warranty though. 😉 Best ask on our ROG Nordic Facebook page for specifics there and where to buy.: https://www.facebook.com/rognordic

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Hi Szajda,

Sorry for the late reply.

> The motherboard is based on the P8Z77-V series, similar to the Pro but not exactly. It's had some modifications to suit the CG series on-the-fly overclocking.

> 32GB Max. The most we ship it with is 16GB I think. It's highly recommended you buy a single 32GB kit or try to match the specs of the shipped memory as best as possible to maximize compatibility.

> HDD.. I can't remember exactly sorry. 😞

> The warranty may change due to local laws, however I think it should be OK to upgrade the CG in normal means - PCI/PCIe cads, SSDs, HDD, memory. Further dismantling of parts like the CPU cooler would be more questionable though. Any case modding like cutting/breaking etc is obviously a no-no to the warranty though. 😉 Best ask on our ROG Nordic Facebook page for specifics there and where to buy.: https://www.facebook.com/rognordic

Thanks fore the answer.

I wonder just over one thing, Where can I find drivers for ASUS CG8580 for Windows 8 Pro?
Anyone know?

Regards
Szajda

I also wants to know!!!

Szajda wrote:
I wonder just over one thing, Where can I find drivers for ASUS CG8580 for Windows 8 Pro?
Anyone know?

Regards
Szajda