ROG Member Array

Windows 8 and Catalyst

For some strange reason always when I try to run the driver I downloaded directly from Asus (also, same happen with AMD one), nothing happens. I run the setup.exe and it just seems to start processing (ball rolling on mouse cursor) and then it goes back to normal and nothing happens. I could install the driver directly trough the Device Manager, but it doesn't install the Catalyst control, so now I can't use my eyefinity setup. Anyone got any solutions? About the W8 install, I just upgraded, haven't made a clean install (formatting), since I had a huge amount of stuff I wouldn't like to re-download and install (Steam, origin, other games).

The games are working fine with the driver, but I can only play on this 1920x1080 resolution, so it sucks :P

Hope someone could help me. Thanks.

No Longer Works at ASUS Array

In the past, when I have this sort of thing, the first thing I do is open the task manager and look for any zombie setup processes and kill them all off. Then I run the program again, and just let it go. Sometimes it looks like it starts, then stops, but if you wait long enough it'll eventually come back. Chalk it up to the developers not providing adequate (or any) visual feedback that SOMETHING is happening.

ROG Member Array

Well, I've been looking for that also, had checked all the processes running and also had turned off the firewalls, security options and even the anti-virus. Well, I've had discovered by missclick on google that there was a patch for my anti-virus that the program couldn't find by himself. Now I can run the setps and stuff. The thing is... Why even disabling it continues to block programs lol !

Now the problem with the Catalyst is that it doesn't shows anything else than hydragrid. Any clue?

Thanks for your reply CL-Scott !

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array oldbrave's Avatar

I can tell you the reason your having this trouble but your not going to like it !
    Win 8 is a piece of s**t, what do you expect from a OS that MS is giving away for nothing?
    I've loaded it up and ran it through it's paces for a good month and I'm amazed that MS is actually putting it on the market!
    Electronic Smoke Signals From my TechnoTeepee
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ 990FX, 1703 bios
    AMD FX 8350 Vishera @ 5162Mhz [21x245] 1.546v
    Water Cooled - Koolance EX2-1055, CPU 370 WB, Idle=22c Load=52c
    32Gb G.Skill Sniper ddr3 1600 8G X 4 , 9-9-9-24 @ 1.55v
    ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5, Cat 13.5 beta 2, Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600
    SanDisk Extreme 120Gb SSD SATA 6Gb, 250Gb SATA 6Gb, 1Tb SATA 6Gb x2
    Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair HX1000w PSU

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldbrave View Post
    I can tell you the reason your having this trouble but your not going to like it !
    Win 8 is a piece of s**t, what do you expect from a OS that MS is giving away for nothing?
    I've loaded it up and ran it through it's paces for a good month and I'm amazed that MS is actually putting it on the market!
    LOL oldbrave I take it you are not a fan then. I have not been very keen on the OS when I played with the RC a few months ago and did not bother with the two review versions that I was sent. Think I will be staying with Win7 for now. If I had a touch screen notebook I might change my mind.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ASUS Representative Array Thomas@Asus's Avatar

Download the driver directly from AMD's support website.
    Thomas Jenner
    Asus UK

ROG Member Array

Hey guys, thanks for the replys!

Thanks Tomas@Asus for the Reply, I'll be trying on that driver now, I just did a formatting and re-install on W8 to clean any old stuff on dll's and registry.

And oldbrave, hehe, I guess they did this "give away" because they realised that with low cost people mor people would buy the original for that bargain, and also they finally understood about Store App on a OS. Apple get billions with that.

I've tryed Warfighter, BF3, Dirt Showdown, World of Warcraft and they all seem to run as good or better than W7. It's diferent to be used with this new use of the Windows, but I will give a try hehe !

Thanks for all reply's guys, I`ll be replying about how the driver worked.

ROG Member Array

All working !

For searchers, I just wanna say that upgrade to windows 8 without formatting will bug the driver to be correctly installed. I just made a clean install and downloaded the AMD website's driver (as Tomas@Asus said) and now it's all good.

Laterz.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Hope your repped Thomas for his good advice.

Very pleased you are all sorted.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.