cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme fan settings

leVel10
Level 7
Hi all,

I'm wondering... are not the GPU fan settings too extreme? Looking at the graph the fans remain at 20% until 65ºC, and until 85ºC the fans does not rise. Is at 85ºC when the fans rise to 50% and at 95ºC rise to 75%

IMO this settings are too hard. My 670 SLI reaches 80ºC easily with this settings. Which in my opinion is pretty high and will reduce card lifespam overtime.
4 REPLIES 4

Strikez
Level 7
I agree, there should be an option to set the fan speeds at different thermal intervals. If asus needs to; leave it so you can't go below their minimum specs.

X-ROG
Level 15
Most people want their GPUs as quiet as possible though, and GPUs are 'validated' too work until ~100C. You can adjust the fan curve to spin it up sooner if you prefer.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Most people want their GPUs as quiet as possible though, and GPUs are 'validated' too work until ~100C. You can adjust the fan curve to spin it up sooner if you prefer.

Hi Marshall. Thanks for reply. I know nvidia specs their GPU's to work until ~100ºC, but I don't think is a temp to run continuously. I'm pretty sure that run cards at this high temperatures will cause electromigration and/or damages to the card components accelerating the card premature death. Of course this is only my own opinion, but I can not help thinking this is some kind of planned obsolescence.

IMO, by default you should set a safe fan curve and then let the user choose lower noise (more temp) at his own risk.

kimir wrote:
By fan curve you mean fan "stairs", right? :rolleyes:
Because I already asked for a change to get an actual curve right here but I bet it's still not available even on the most recent release, which I'm probably not using since every 2 or 3 version is totally bugged.

Well, yes. :rolleyes: Finally I'm using too the MSI Afterburner app. I'd really like to use the ASUS app and not other brand app... but afterburner really have best features and less bugs... 😞

Come on ASUS, make us feel proud users.

kimir
Level 7
By fan curve you mean fan "stairs", right? :rolleyes:
Because I already asked for a change to get an actual curve right here but I bet it's still not available even on the most recent release, which I'm probably not using since every 2 or 3 version is totally bugged.
INTEL Core i7 4930K @ 4.5Ghz
ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME
EVGA GTX 780Ti K|NGP|N SLI (x2)
Gskill Trident X DDR3 PC3 20800 - 4 x 4 Go
SSD Samsung 840 pro 256Go (OS & app)
SSD Samsung 840 pro 512 (games)
Custom Ek waterblock loop
EVGA Supernova 1300G2
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64