Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

It's unfortunate that the consumer has to create their own solution for this piece of crap audio system and drivers they put in this laptop!!! I for one will never assume that Asus will fix anything after it is out on retail sale. If it doesn't work perfect, their reputation shows they will not support the consumer. They seriously screwed up my TF101 on an update but no further updates and no rollbacks.

New ROGer Array

Any news with new drivers? Or I have to install Win7 drivers?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by animator776 View Post
    For anyone having problems installing drivers, here's my own method that worked for me:
    (Before starting, make sure to download the latest windows 7 via audio drivers from asus support, even if you are on windows 8, and extract the zip to a new folder wherever you want)

1.) Go to "Device Manager"
    2.) Uninstall any current audio drivers that you currently have under "Sound, video and game controllers"
    3.) Right click anywhere and choose "Scan for hardware changes"
    4.) Once it finds that the audio drivers are missing it will automatically install some audio drivers
    5.) Go back to "Sound, video and game controllers"
    6.) Right click on the driver it automatically installed (VIA or NVIDIA)
    7.) Select "Update Driver Software"
    8.) And select "Browse my computer for driver software"
    9.) Select browse and find the folder you extracted to and select that
    10.) Tick the "Include subfolders" box and click next
    11.) When it finishes restart your laptop
    12.) Find the folder you extracted the drivers to and run the setup inside of it
    13.) Go through all the steps and wait for the setup to finish
    14.) Restart your laptop

Now when you go to playback devices from the taskbar you are able to use the 5.1 channel surround and subwoofer, and via hd audio deck will be properly installed and working

Hope this helps!
    Absolutely does work!!! Ty amimator for sharing, and Platinum for verifying. Scaling works great. Only downside is that subwoofer is now full range and any EQ settings effect all speakers, a very small price to pay after all the frustrating times of adjusting seperate volumes. Still is a drag that Asus never did really fix this, and we could use the subwoofer only for it's intended frequencies. Been an Asus fan for years in both laptops and motherboards for my gaming pc builds. This mess was disturbing in such a "quality" laptop. 1st time I have been let down by the company.

New ROGer Array

Talking Variation on the previous solutions that worked for me...

Quote Originally Posted by animator776 View Post
    For anyone having problems installing drivers, here's my own method that worked for me:
    (Before starting, make sure to download the latest windows 7 via audio drivers from asus support, even if you are on windows 8, and extract the zip to a new folder wherever you want)

1.) Go to "Device Manager"
    2.) Uninstall any current audio drivers that you currently have under "Sound, video and game controllers"
    3.) Right click anywhere and choose "Scan for hardware changes"
    4.) Once it finds that the audio drivers are missing it will automatically install some audio drivers
    5.) Go back to "Sound, video and game controllers"
    6.) Right click on the driver it automatically installed (VIA or NVIDIA)
    7.) Select "Update Driver Software"
    8.) And select "Browse my computer for driver software"
    9.) Select browse and find the folder you extracted to and select that
    10.) Tick the "Include subfolders" box and click next
    11.) When it finishes restart your laptop
    12.) Find the folder you extracted the drivers to and run the setup inside of it
    13.) Go through all the steps and wait for the setup to finish
    14.) Restart your laptop

Now when you go to playback devices from the taskbar you are able to use the 5.1 channel surround and subwoofer, and via hd audio deck will be properly installed and working

Hope this helps!
    SO, what worked for ME, was after steps 1-5, instead of doing the UPDATE, just DISABLE the NVidia drivers.
    To clarify, after scanning for hardware changes, 4 NVidia Audio controllers are shown along with the VIA High Definition.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sound.drivers.Asus.G75.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	53224

Just DISABLE the 4 NVidia controllers. It's NVidia trying to figure out how to push sound to 4/5 speakers and failing at it.
    Once you disable those four,
    1. Go to the audio icon in the task bar,
    2. RIGHT CLICK >> Playback Devices
    3. RIGHT CLICK >> Speakers (VIA High Definition) >> Configure
    4. Configure and test the 5.1 surround!

Every now and then it seems like NVidia takes over and screws things up. Just disable them.

EDIT: As others have mentioned, once you get the subwoofer working, it doesn't sound phenomenal, but far better than ever before. The sub does not have separate volume control, so the overall volume has to be loud to feel some kick. To make it slightly better...

1. Go to the audio icon in the task bar,
    2. LEFT CLICK >> Click Speaker Graphic
    3. Go to ENHANCEMENTS
    4. Enable Equalizer, tweak Equalizer

HERES THE PROBLEM - Accessing enhancements always puts on 2.1 channel for some dumb reason, so then you need to go back and do the 1-4 steps I have above to configure 5.1.

ALTERNATIVE ENHANCEMENT....
    1. Keep 2.1 channel enabled after the earlier steps, with equalizer Disabled
    2. Go to MORE settings under 2.1 channel and
    3. Adjust BASS from the low setting it defaults to up to ~80.

It looks like having Equalizer + 2.1 channel enabled at the same time screws things up, and since 2.1 channel always automatically gets toggled, best to keep it at 2.1 it seems...
    Last edited by Snapple44; 10-25-2015 at 08:19 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7