cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW Windows 8 Audio Drivers for subwoofer

krazun
Level 7
Hello,

it is really nice that the windows 8 drivers for the G75VW are out now. Everything except the subwoofer is working now.

is a windows 8 version of the audio drivers in development ? and is there any timeframe in which we can expect them?

many thanks,
krazun
64 REPLIES 64

finalhour
Level 11
Hey Krazun,

This has been a question asked a lot on here, and from another thread, Marshall@ASUS (one of the many awesome folks from ASUS that reads these forums) said that it's still in development. I know they'll get it out as soon as it's ready (hopefully it won't be as bad as other VIA drivers have been!)

Hope this helps!

-Nate
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

Thank you very much ! Yes it helps a lot. If the audio drivers for windows 8 in development everything is fine, i can wait 😉

-krazun

tkolarik
Level 9
They haven't gotten them right yet and i bought my computer in July! Like my Asus TF 101 I bought 9 months ago, they stopped supporting it with software upgrades now that the other models have come out. As soon as the new VX is out, our support will wind down also.

Pitcher1
Level 9
Please uninstall Audio driver than use windows update to install again.

When VIA is going to produce new drivers with bug fixes for windows 8? A lot of time passed from windows 8 official lunch but no drivers yet (( I am checking every day but nothing ((((

We deserve an update on this ASUS...seriously...when are the drivers coming? This is ridiculous.
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

krazun wrote:
Hello,

it is really nice that the windows 8 drivers for the G75VW are out now. Everything except the subwoofer is working now.

is a windows 8 version of the audio drivers in development ? and is there any timeframe in which we can expect them?

many thanks,
krazun

You can try using the windows 7 audio driver from the asus website (that's what I'm doing at the moment). Been using it for a week and haven't had a problem so far (subwoofer is working as it should).

Mike_Lu@ASUS wrote:
Please uninstall Audio driver than use windows update to install again.

The subwoofer doesn't work when using the microsoft drivers (at least for me).

Tannequy wrote:
You can try using the windows 7 audio driver from the asus website (that's what I'm doing at the moment). Been using it for a week and haven't had a problem so far (subwoofer is working as it should).

The subwoofer doesn't work when using the microsoft drivers (at least for me).

Just to clarify, you're saying that if I uninstall the VIA driver I have now, restart, and then put the Windows 7 driver from ASUS back on it fixes it? (I have windows 😎 Does the asus Via driver for 7 have issues with the headphone jack + subwoofer or is it the one that fixed that bug?

finalhour wrote:
Just to clarify, you're saying that if I uninstall the VIA driver I have now, restart, and then put the Windows 7 driver from ASUS back on it fixes it? (I have windows 😎 Does the asus Via driver for 7 have issues with the headphone jack + subwoofer or is it the one that fixed that bug?

Yup, I did a fresh install of windows 8 and the subwoofer wasn't working. So I just installed the latest drivers from the asus website and problem solved. I can even tell you the driver version later if you want (I don't have my laptop with me at the moment to verify).
Don't know about any issues with the headphone jack (I'll check it out later when I get home).