Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by puzarro View Post
    Hello, I'm an Italian guy and I use the google translator if it is mistranslated know why
    I bought orio pro and I was disappointed playing call of duty black ops 2, the sounds are muffled and I feel a lot of my steps, I can not hear the footsteps of the enemy even when they are close. I tried all possible settings but unfortunately it only gets worse. I must say that with music headphones are amazing but unfortunately I bought them to play and are not good at all, you do not even understand the sounds where they came from. The resell because they are accustomed to a very different and I was very disappointed, sin, the headsets are very nice and light.
    Alex

Sorry to hear they are not working well for you. Are you gaming on a laptop or desktop? If gaming on a desktop, do you have a dedicated sound card? Also, have you tried adjusting the equalizer on your PC?

Sorry for all the questions, but I had the same problem(s) with my Vulcan. It was great with just games, but I had to make some adjustments to the mids and high to get it to sound great with music and movies.
    Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
    Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
    EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
    2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    Asus XONAR Phoebus
    Corsair H100 (p/p)
    Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
    Enermax 1350W PSU
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by scoiexx View Post
    Hey Dark, Did you manage to find out any differences? As i am intrigued on your findings.
    Haven't had the time to test them, hopefully this weekend.

ROG Member Array

Just wondering if anyone knows about the sound quality in the pro versions of the two headsets? I already have DJ headphones for recording and MP3 but i am wondering which of these sound better? The ANC isnt important, clear audio quality is the only consideration?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by btbleasdale View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows about the sound quality in the pro versions of the two headsets? I already have DJ headphones for recording and MP3 but i am wondering which of these sound better? The ANC isnt important, clear audio quality is the only consideration?
    Read my review on the page before this one.

Orions are a lot better than the Vulcan's in terms of audio quality.

And i found out last night they have a lot better microphone too, my Vulcan's microphone has a lot of echo that i can't remove.
    Last edited by Darkflame; 12-10-2012 at 12:36 PM.

ROG Member Array

I finally got around to testing both headsets at gaming, i played a lot of the Black Ops 2 campaign this weekend switching between the headsets regularly through out the levels and the Orion's won by a mile.

They are louder, more vibrant and just better in every way than the Vulcan's.

I used the Spitfire adapter with all 3 settings enabled, i originally hated the Spitfire because of background noise generated and the awful mic reception but i have come to love them in single player games.

I don't use it if not gaming but during gaming you can't hear the buzz and it creates a very good virtual surround sound effect that easily beats stereo.

So for gaming purposes, i'd recommend the pro models over the non pro models simply because £20 extra is a bargain price to pay for excellent virtual surround sound.
    Last edited by Darkflame; 12-16-2012 at 11:39 PM.

New ROGer Array

How does the Orion perform with portable devices?? like phone or tablet?? Can it crank up enough volume and sound quality????

New ROGer Array

How does the Orion perform with portable devices?? like phone or tablet?? Can it crank up enough volume and sound quality????

ROG Member Array

Hello everybody,

I would like to buy an Orion PRO headset, I've read some reviews and tests on the web. But I've read a test which deals with a microphone "metallic" voice sound. Somebody can confirm me that the microphone looks very good for the sound or does it really have a "metallic" effect ? Does the Spitfire looks good for a surround quality ?

Best regards.

Lightning188

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5