cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G51J series, RootKit +more help please

Retired
Not applicable
alright, so the other night i was just browsing some anime and my comp decides to shut down. i turn it on again and it turns out to be a root kit. well i got to some fairly smart people in my squadron to see if they can fix. they tried fixing it by the DoS systems and everything. but nothing worked...

so we finally decided to format my laptop...
i didnt mind losing my pictures and everything.

but what i didnt know...
was that i was going to lose all my DRIVERS! so i was missing my wirless internet driver or something. there was no wireless internet on my laptop didnt exist at all. also! and its hard to find a ethernet connection in my squadron. but i found one and did all the updates. and got my wireless driver and a few others back...

now that i am trying to play my games though...turns out i have no Graphics card? how does this happen?

im sure i have a graphics card "nvidia GeForce GTS 360m CUDA 1GB"
but i cant even play a 2D game?
when i load it, it says.
"could not find a Direct3D device that supports the XNA framework Reach profile.
Verify that a suitable graphics device is installed."

please let me know what yall think, thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Retired
Not applicable
also aprently i dont have a Base System Device?

Retired
Not applicable
If you reformatted and used an install method outside the recovery disc set. You will have to manually install the drivers. Some of the devices may be loaded with Windows, some simply will not be part of it. Heck, some may be located with a Windows Update.

You could go to the support page for the device and download the drivers there. Or go to the manufacturer's site (i.e. nVidia) and download the driver that suites your operating system and card series.

I would suggest sticking with the Asus support site, since it looks like you do not have a whole lot of saavy with computers and such. You will see all the drivers and most if not all the software that shipped with the machine.
Just select the exact machine you have, then after you click the link to it. The Operating system you are using. Making sure to select 32bit or 64bit versions. Depending which one you are using.
http://support.asus.com/download/ModelList.aspx?SLanguage=en&keyword=G51J&type=1

You should be good to go and find all the drivers and software you need.

xeromist
The latest Nvidia drivers are available directly from their website. Here is the address:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…