cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*UPDATE* Terrible Asus N55SF RMA Experience

BrianG
Level 9
UPDATE: Asus gave me a replacement N56VZ-DS71 as a replacement. This notebook is a definite upgrade and I couldn't be more happy with Asus service in the end. Yes, I spent a lot of time and it was a huge hassle, but Asus stepped up in the end.

I have have had the most terrible experience with Asus RMA over the last month and a half.

In mid September 2012, my Asus N55SF-DS71 laptop began periodically blue screening and I did the necessary tests to ensure this was a hardware issue and it was. I called Asus support on September 24th to set up an RMA (CAF6291547) and was told that the Asus repair center at 802 Cochrane Drive in Markham Ontario Canada was no longer available as the RMA Center had been outsourced to Carepoint Services, also in Markham. I was unhappy to hear this as I had received excellent service from the in house repair center numerous times, but as I was told I had no choice, I proceeded with the RMA at Carepoint services.

I dropped the laptop off at Carepoint services at September 25th with a very detailed explanation of the issue and how to reproduce it. Three days later I received a call that my laptop was ready so I left work to drive back to the repair center. When they handed me my notebook, I noticed that there was no list of what was done to the laptop so I inquired specifically for one. I was told that they only replaced the keyboard and did not attempt to fix the serious hardware issue that prompted the RMA. Obviously, I was distraught, and they agreed to take it back, reopen the RMA, and assign it to a more senior technician to do the repair. The following week I received an email that my laptop was ready for pickup, so I left work again to pick it up. This time they told me they had replaced the motherboard, so I was satisfied.

I took the laptop home, and quickly realized that not only was the issue not solved, but the temperatures on the notebook (both the CPU and GPU) were now 15-20 degrees higher than they were before I took the laptop in for service and the notebook was blue screening more frequently. Distraught, I called Asus service again on October 6th and they apologized and told me they'd make a new RMA (CAF62A0515) and it would be given the utmost priority.

So I brought my laptop back to Carepoint services on October 9th and waited 3 weeks with no update. I called Asus service several times, and they would apologize and tell me that according to their information, Carepoint Services received the parts weeks ago and they have no idea why the laptop has not been repaired. I was promised follow up multiple times, as well as promised that I'd get calls from corporate and escalation departments and none ever came. I got fed up and tracked down the number to call Carepoint Services directly on Tuesday, October 30, and was told they have no idea what's going on with the RMA, they still think they're waiting for parts but aren't sure. A few more phone calls to Asus support that day and it seemed like my call to the service center paid off and they finished the repairs the same day.

I left work, picked up the laptop on Wednesday October 31st and ran a few tests and the original issue had finally been resolved. However, I noticed that now my screen has a scratch which was not there previously which obviously is unacceptable.

I have now made 5 trips during business hours from work to the service center, spent countless hours on the phone with different departments and supervisors, and have had countless promises and timelines broken. I have been without my notebook for almost 6 weeks. After waiting on hold for a supervisor for 2 hours, now Asus wants me to begin the entire process again and I am very upset about having to do so at additional personal cost.

I have been an Asus customer for many years and have bought and recommended many Asus products, and until now, I have never regretted any of those purchases. However, this experience and the drop in quality of service I have received from the new outsourced repair center are making me seriously reconsider whether I can continue to be an Asus customer in the future. Hopefully this is an isolated experience and someone at Asus will rectify the situation, but as of yet, no one has been willing to help.
26 REPLIES 26

chrsplmr
Level 18
BrianG .. Welcome to ROG .. glad you joined.
Sorry to hear of this, as we all are.
I have forwarded, since it is so complete, the link from
this thread to cl-scott ..
Maybe he can 'get eyes' on this for you or point you in the right direction.c.

Thanks, any help on this is greatly appreciated. I'm frustrated and disappointed because I've had great history with Asus until now.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Scott is the man here on ROG to help smooth over these less than stellar examples of customer service. Respect for being so calm when I am sure you were seething inside.

keep us informed how it progresses.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

cl-scott
Level 12
If you want more specifics of the last repair you can ask for them via PM or email, but it'd be helpful if I could get a photo or two of the damage.

I have attached two photos. The first is a picture of the chip in the screen. The second is a picture of two scratches on the top lid of my laptop also done by the repair center. While I am obviously not happy to have gained these two scratches on the lid, these are not serious enough that I would be alright with waiting for parts, etc. to get them repaired. I'm sending you the picture of these lid scratches primarily as a reference to the carelessness of the repair center in handling my notebook.

BrianG wrote:
I have attached two photos. The first is a picture of the chip in the screen. The second is a picture of two scratches on the top lid of my laptop also done by the repair center. While I am obviously not happy to have gained these two scratches on the lid, these are not serious enough that I would be alright with waiting for parts, etc. to get them repaired. I'm sending you the picture of these lid scratches primarily as a reference to the carelessness of the repair center in handling my notebook.

Could I get you to send those to my email (in my sig)? Just a little easier for me to deal with them that way.

Hi Scott,

I have emailed you the photos as requested.

Thank you for your continued assistance.

chrsplmr
Level 18
See Brian .. 'we' told ya ... Scott is a good ROGgie .. ~ pat head ~ tail wags ~
(..and he practically works for Nummies. Can you believe it ?) .. good luck.c.

Area_66
Level 11
Scott replace Masson or they work together ?