cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD with brand new G75VW-DS72

ROG_Yves
Level 7
Got a G75VW-DS72 last monday.
Just install update (win update, NVIDIA driver update) and few software like Office 2010.
thursday when installing Visual Studio 2012 got a blue screen (BSOD).
Then restart in safe mode, then resume VS2012 install. Then the install succeeded with error for the C++ package.
Then shut down my system.
On reboot friday, got another blue screen and the system shut down.
Then nothing, unable to restart.
Each time I press the start button, 3 leds in front of the G75VW start to blink and the start button led also blink.
That's it, nothing more, my system is dead.
Then report the problem to Asus support and I have to reship the G75VW for RMA.
A brand new system, I never ever used it, just installed software and update.
My question is about FIABILITY of the G75VW.

Is there some peoples having problems with, or I’m just a bad lucky guy ??????

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

AgenBlaze
Level 7
Probably just bad luck. Mine works like a charm

rewben
Level 13
if your machine is still in the return window, it's good to do a one-to-one exchange first; don't do the RMA just yet.

can you get the screen shots of your bsods? or use bluescreenview and take the screen shots? maybe someone here experienced the similar thing before and could give you a tip or two.

I'm still in the return window, I got a replacement for the machine.

For the BSOD screen shot, I'm not able to restart the machine anymore.
Try to press ESC or F9 just after pressing the Start button and nothing appends.
Got only 3 front leds and Start button leds starting to blink!

rewben
Level 13
uh? you mean this happened to your new unit, or you were describing what happened to the old one?

Clintlgm
Level 14
This sounds like some driver conflicts, I think I would use your restore disk and restore back to factory condition. If you still have a problem Return to Vendor for a replacement. If not look in to how you are installing your software, Make sure you have all you system up to date. See the first things to do Thread at the top of this forum. Test and make sure your system is running correctly with out issues before re installing your software.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro