cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep having to re-install sound drivers/Sound Issues - G53SX

Yurelle
Level 7
(My apologies if I have the incorrect forum, newbie here.)

I've just received my laptop back from repairs as the charger pin broke after roughly 3 months of use, for some reason they felt the need to format my hard drive because of course that was completely 'necessary' but that's beside the point. So, fresh start, willing to bite the bullet and go ahead with uninstalling/reinstalling things, right?

Finished with that, then had to install the ATK drivers as my function keys weren't working and I had this problem previously when I first bought the G53SX anyway. No problem, function keys started working again. My sound however, stopped working somewhere around this time, I doubt they are linked however.

Re-installed the sound drivers, sound starts working again; hurrah! Or so one would think. I left the laptop for a bit, it went on sleep or hibernate - I'm not entirely sure what the current settings are for that. Resumed my session, sound drivers stopped working again. Re-installed them again, and yet again - it works! Except the same issue happened shortly after - I go away for a bit, the laptop decides to sleep for a while, I resume the session and whoop! No sound again.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue and what I can do to rectify it? I can keep re-installing the Realtek drivers but I've got a niggling feeling that's not going to solve it in the long-term.
5 REPLIES 5

zsld0423
Level 9
What version of the Realtek Drivers are you installing? Would you perhaps be able to install an older or newer driver and see what that does? Also, welcome to the RoG forums, and yep you've got the right forum! 😄
Sager NP9370
256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 750GB 7200RPM Secondary HDD
nVidia GeForce GTX 680M 4GB VRAM
Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz
16GB RAM
Mouse: MadCatz R.A.T. 7
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
Additional Monitors: 24" 1080p Insignia LED/LCD TV and 21" Acer LCD Monitor
Windows 7 Ultimate

Hey zsld,

I'm only using the audio driver that's downloadable from the official ASUS website under the Windows 7 OS G53SX section. I haveno idea how I'd get a newer or older driver, I didn't have audio driver issues before my laptop was repaired however, if that was unclear. Glad I got the right forum!

zsld0423
Level 9
My first thought would be to try downloading the newest driver, and see if that would resolve the issue. I looked on the ASUS download page for the G53 and it has Realtek listed as the only audio driver, and it's only up to date as of June of 2011, so quite a bit old. Here's a link to the Realtek page to get the newest audio driver (2.70)

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...
Sager NP9370
256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 750GB 7200RPM Secondary HDD
nVidia GeForce GTX 680M 4GB VRAM
Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz
16GB RAM
Mouse: MadCatz R.A.T. 7
Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
Additional Monitors: 24" 1080p Insignia LED/LCD TV and 21" Acer LCD Monitor
Windows 7 Ultimate

That is a bit odd indeed, thanks for giving the link for the newest driver, I updated my graphics and sound drivers yesterday.

I thought the problem was fixed as when I turned my laptop on after sleeping it yesterday the audio continued to work. But alas, I thought too soon. Woke up this morning, went on Youtube and once again, sound isn't working. It's driving me crazy, I never had this issue before sending it into ASUS repair and I'll be damned if I'm sending it away for two weeks again.

SUKARA
Level 10
Did you have try to recover your system?
Recover your system before,if you have important data,please back up it first