cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Panther

immaturegizzmoe
Level 10
Hello all, I have been building pc's for about 5 years now, in these past few years I have had the pleasure of building several really powerful and interesting computers however modding has never been something I have tried until now. I coach volleyball for a local elementary school, the Edgemont Lady Panthers, By looking at all the beautiful mods that are on this site I have been inspired to try one of my own. I will be the first to admit that my mod will be nowhere near as exciting and unique as most of what I have saw on here but I guess we all gotta start somewhere.

With the introduction out of the way I will get down to business. I have begun to buy parts for this build, I dont have near all of them yet but I will show you what I have as well as a list of parts to come.

Asus Maximus V Formula will be the backbone of this system with an Intel i7 3770 K as the brains
I have 16 gb's of G skill Trident x 2666 memory as well but no pic yet.
Now for the case mod.
Being near a school so much gave me an idea, I stopped by there tech department and ask if they had any spare cases, I was shown to 3 large boxes full of scrap parts. I dug through and found a couple of decent but stripped down cases.
First thing was to strip down the old case
After stripping down the case, I started taping up the side panels for cutting out my ideas
The panther paw that has been cut into the right side panel, is the design that is painted on the schools volleyball court. the left side panel was cut to house a window. I did not like the vents in the panels so I used bondo to cover those.
the side panels, bondo sanding, and primer complete.
Now to start on the top panel.
This is all the pictures I have as of now, however I really hope that you guys will continue to follow this project ,I know it's not gonna get mod of the month or nothing but I feel like I have some really good ideas and I will update as quickly as I can.
couple new parts came in.
30 REPLIES 30

kkn
Level 14
well i dident know i ended up on the mod of the month tread, but i did.
i just did what fited me and i could do 🙂
and nice idea you have 😄
its funn but frustrating when you have to twist your brain to figure out things and fail several times before you get it the right way you wanted it 😛

kkn wrote:
well i dident know i ended up on the mod of the month tread, but i did.
i just did what fited me and i could do 🙂
and nice idea you have 😄
its funn but frustrating when you have to twist your brain to figure out things and fail several times before you get it the right way you wanted it 😛

thanks, I thought it was an interesting idea, and one I haven't seen.

Area_66
Level 11
Good start, what did you use to cut the panel ( the paw)

Area 66 wrote:
Good start, what did you use to cut the panel ( the paw)

Thank you, I used a Skill Saw with a 20 teeth per inch metal cutting blade, it left some rough edges that had to be filed down with a metal file but I thought it turned out ok.

immaturegizzmoe wrote:
Thank you, I used a Skill Saw with a 20 teeth per inch metal cutting blade, it left some rough edges that had to be filed down with a metal file but I thought it turned out ok.

lol , it's more than ok with me

Area 66 wrote:
lol , it's more than ok with me

thank you, I appreciate that.

He-he, Immaturegizzmoe, are you a Clemson guy by chance? 😄

Good start, keep going!

Zka17 wrote:

Good start, keep going!

LOL, well I dont dislike them, I dont really have a favorite college team although This would make a good idea for a Clemson fan.

Zka17 wrote:

Good start, keep going!

LOL, well I dont dislike them, I dont really have a favorite college team although This would make a good idea for a Clemson fan.