cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

code 55 M5E

tokoam
Level 7
Hello everyone im new this forum but i have come here for help i own the M5E and have had nothing but problems from day onefirst of all i am on a fully Water cooled system after finishing my loop i had no post.. after reading the forums found out that it wasthe combo card i had to spend countless hours dissasemmbling my loop as the screw that secures the card is on the back of the board now that i removed the card motherboard post fine.. but only with memory in the 4th dimm slot anything else results in code 55.. i have tryed hard coded the timings for my ram... XMP profile... cleared cmos... and updating to the latest bios...nothing helped i use gskill 1600mhz 4x2 i even tried some old cosair ddr 3 i had laying around and its the same damn problem only will post in dimm 4... im hoping someone here can help me i spent alot of money and time on this and im filled with frustration.13353
7 REPLIES 7

SUKARA
Level 10
Seems like the motherboard DIMM slot bad or detect fail?
about this model motherboard memory(2pcs) proposed installation configuration DIMMA2 and DIMMB2
so,change the memory slot test still can't clarify!
We suggest you can plan sent the motherboard to repair or test

ASUS service center contact information reference to you:
http://support.asus.com/servicecenter.aspx?SLanguage=en

invictus
Level 7
This seems to be a fairly common problem with this board.

I have the same issue. I did a lot of searching and found at least 4 other users with this issue in a short time.

Some users reported that if you loosen or tighten the CPU cooler backplate it can solve this issue, however it did not work for me.

Users here have suggested to install one RAM module and then manually set the memory timings and speed in the BIOS, then try with all the modules. That did not work for me either.

I think these boards just have a lot of bad memory controllers, and unfortunately you may have to take your whole system apart and send the board in as SUKARA@ASUS said.

If you find any solution please update us.

8_Pack
Level 12
Error 55 is usually a contact issue in one area or another.

You need to strip back the system to bare basics even removing the CPU and check for bent pins inside the socket. Once you have done this use the Intel box cooler if you can and reset bios. Then boot the board with one stick of RAM and VGA attached only. Set XMP and memory voltages and then try reboot. Then mem test the system one stick at a time to check the RAM is performing as stated. Providing this passes at least two full loops then add your extra RAM one stick at a time. See how this goes.

When adding RAM make sure you add it level with the board and listen for two distinct clicks. With 4 sticks you may need to adjust VCCIO voltage slightly too.

Providing all is well I would then add my water cooling making sure I dont overtighten the cooler and I apply even pressure while clamping it down.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please try the following.

Remove the CPU from the socket.
Remove all the PSU connectors from the motherboard.
Remove all other hardware.
Remove the battery.
Place the board on the box it came in, nonconductive surface.
Clear CMOS
Leave for 2 or 3 hours.

Inspect the socket just in case.

Connect all your hardware, but only one stick of ram.
Once in to BIOS, set your ram frequency and voltages, navigate to the ram tuning section and set the main timings using the quick tune. Disable the MRC Fast Boot
Set the Dram voltage manually.

Now F10 and enter.
Let the system reset and post back to BIOS.

Now power down and fit the rest of the ram. It should be good to go.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Ok FYI this is my second build. Just finished the build and yes everything was checked, cpu, socket, ram seating, gpu seating, mounting screws, waterblock, correct ram. So after reading many solutions i tried installing one stick at a time after every boot. The furthest i got was 2 sticks and more and code 55 will apper. It doesn't matter witch dimm just max of 2 sticks. Any info on this m/b bios?

HAF X I7 3770K COOLER MASTER 1200W
SAMSUNG 830 512GB EVGA GTX HYDRO COPPER 690
G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB RAM

Squallalaha
Level 10
on my M V Formula, code 55 is too low of voltage for the timing settings. Increasing Voltage on the RAM or as stated the VCCIO fixes it usually.

Also I have seen this trying to use the predefined timing settings from the pickable menu, not the stock defaults or XMP, but the Tight Hynix, loose hynix, etc. list from the second memory timings area screen.

Squallalaha wrote:
on my M V Formula, code 55 is too low of voltage for the timing settings. Increasing Voltage on the RAM or as stated the VCCIO fixes it usually.

Also I have seen this trying to use the predefined timing settings from the pickable menu, not the stock defaults or XMP, but the Tight Hynix, loose hynix, etc. list from the second memory timings area screen.

May I please add this to my list of possible fixes for error 55? And thank you.

Repped. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.