cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7970 dc2 or dc2 top

Retired
Not applicable
Hi!!

Anyone know the difference between the 2?

Planning on maybe getting one, and the only Asus cards i ever have had, was 2 pcs 4890.. So i am kind lost in the Asus gpu jungle..

Wish you all a great weekend ending..
17 REPLIES 17

Rossi_
Level 9
I wouldn't get either if you don't want to be limited on overclocking. Get the MSI Lightning BE or ASUS Matrix Platinum.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hard call but overclocking needs different things I guess.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Spoony
Level 7
DONT BUY ONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT.

look for my posts to see why

Thomas
Level 10
If we say it is a "TOP" card then it means we have cherry picked the best GPU's from the batch which overclock further. On top of that we add extra QA procedures to the card before it leaves the factory.
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

Thomas@Asus wrote:
If we say it is a "TOP" card then it means we have cherry picked the best GPU's from the batch which overclock further. On top of that we add extra QA procedures to the card before it leaves the factory.

And yet these cards are voltage locked, limiting their overclocking potential immensely.

To the OP: I'd stay clear of both the DC2 and DC2T as the chance that you get a locked card is far to high.
If you can test it before buying then feel free, but I'd go for a MSI Lightning instead.

Don't make the same mistake as us.
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.

If you are willing to spend some extra money get the Matrix HD7970 Platinum. No locks and a great OC potential ...

AppleRedX

Fimconte wrote:
MSI Lightning instead. .

Those too are now hobbled. nvidia has told all manufacturers to limit oc. The best way is to go stock cards or hotwire the ASUS cards. The MSI cards can be flashed to the old BIOS version but you can do this with the ASUS cards too.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Those too are now hobbled. nvidia has told all manufacturers to limit oc..........

Nvidia dictate the way manufacturers build the 7970 ?

The Matrix Platinum can be pumped with 1.4v.

Area 66 wrote:
Nvidia dictate the way manufacturers build the 7970 ?

Yeah, that confused me too....