cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55VW S1136V specification

kenuzil
Level 7
I have bought ASUS G55VW-S1136V, but I didn't find specification of this notebook. I need to know, what type of SATA support my notebook (not harddrive, but motherboard). But whole specification would be much better. Can you tell me, where should I find it? I mean types of components, their pruduct numbers (like procesor: Intel Core i5-3210M) and so.
7 REPLIES 7

rewben
Level 13
you can use the free hwinfo64 for this.

normally a g55 has the following:
1. mSATA - SATA 3 (6 Gbps)
2. Primary HDD bay - SATA 3 (6Gbps)
3. ODD - SATA 2 (3Gbps)

Thanks rewben.

Still, would therte be something official? Specification from ROG. Also for others.

rewben
Level 13
i think this is what you're looking for. i'm not sure the model you owned is listed.

Pitcher1
Level 9
Hi, where did you see the model name is G55VW S1136V? could you provide us SN or photo?

rewben: This is not what I'm looking for, this is only parameter list of notebooks. There is not a type of HDD even a company name (Seagate,...) - for example. Now perhaps you understand, what I'm looking for - for a full specification with all components and info with exact name of type of it.

Mike_Lu@ASUS: I was searching and it really isn't one global G55 notebooks. It should be a version only for some markets. But you are here supermoderator, you should know what notebooks you sell.

dstrakele
Level 14
What are you trying to accomplish with the list of hardware components? Are you trying to confirm you received what you paid for?

HWINFO64 will be your best bet to see the details of what is actually installed in your laptop.

ASUS will use components from different manufacturers within the same model# laptop, as long as they meet similar specifications. As Forrest Gump once said, "The hardware components in an ASUS laptop are like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get."
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

rewben
Level 13
@kenuzil, i think you should go back to the shop and ask them about it. the list above is the closest that i know of.

@dstrakele nice quote lol!