cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very faint horizontal lines on my G75VW-BBK5

Zach_97
Level 7
I started playing a relativley new game (The WarZ) which just came out and is in alpha still. While playing the game during the night cycle, I notice these faint white horizontal lines across my screen, not enough to where it's unplayable, at all, but they're there. After, I started to notice them on webpages, ect. Now im worried, because we own two G75's (My Dad has one, and I have one). I sent mine in, which is a month old, to just get a new one, but with my dads, I want to fix these lines. I've tried new nvidia beta drivers, and older drivers, nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Id really appreciate it, because I've been extremely paranoid now that I've managed to cause both G75's to have these.
--Zach
14 REPLIES 14

dstrakele
Level 14
Check out these threads: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23419-I-m-the-only-one-left-annoyed-with-flicker-amp-black-... and http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?23509-Horizontal-Lines-plague-all-BBK5.

It looks like ASUS is trying to get a handle on the issue, but have been unable to reproduce it in house. PM cl-scott for an update.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I'll update this thread when I get home, I'm going to use my Samsung SmartTV as my monitor for now, because it seems like it's an issue between the drivers and refresh rate for the screen. I'm getting a new one Saturday, and I'll see if that one has the same problem.

c_man
Level 11
Yes, external display is the only way right now. At some point Asus will let this pass, most likely with G76. We are stuck with the problem.

c_man wrote:
Yes, external display is the only way right now. At some point Asus will let this pass, most likely with G76. We are stuck with the problem.

Meaning they'll never take care of it for us? The only reason I chose ASUS was because I thought they were better than this...
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

finalhour wrote:
Meaning they'll never take care of it for us? The only reason I chose ASUS was because I thought they were better than this...

I imagine once they can reproduce the problem they will be able to fix it.

It's not a common issue and appears to occur on a number of different configurations
USA ASUS Reseller
http://www.neteffectspc.com

Well like I said, it's not game breaking or anything, and I was planning on buying a 27" monitor myself. Now with this monitor, how should I connect to it. HDMI? I've had problem with HDMI hookups before, being it wouldn't fit my screen correctly. Any ideas for cheap monitors, that gave me the look this one did before these stupid lines?

Edit -- Even if I have to, I'll get my $1300 back from this G75 and build myself a desktop, with power. Should I just do that instead?

Zach.97 wrote:
Well like I said, it's not game breaking or anything, and I was planning on buying a 27" monitor myself. Now with this monitor, how should I connect to it. HDMI? I've had problem with HDMI hookups before, being it wouldn't fit my screen correctly. Any ideas for cheap monitors, that gave me the look this one did before these stupid lines?

Edit -- Even if I have to, I'll get my $1300 back from this G75 and build myself a desktop, with power. Should I just do that instead?

uhhhhh good luck....
G75VW-BBK5 Windows 8 Pro 1TB HDD, 180GB Corsair Force GT Sata3 SSD, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 660M, Intel i-7 3610-QM 2.3Ghz Turboboost to 3.3Ghz

Anyone know when this is started?

Zach.97 wrote:
Anyone know when this is started?

Forget this "not appearing on every G75" business. From what I've noticed, some people just don't perceive/notice it, hell I didn't until I was doing intense photo editing. Yes certain display modes make it less noticeable, but it's present on all the BBK5's I've seen. If asus cant reproduce it they're blind.