cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why isn't the crosshair v and rampage compatible

sixthdaymistake
Level 7
can some one tell me if they are going to make the crosshair v formula and crosshair v formula-z compatible so us amd fans can exchange our bois settings....and on that note i noticed the rampage series was not as well...just the maximus series...and if they are not going to make them compatible ...then answer why even have an rog exchange if it doesn't span the the whole rog line
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
This is the first step, the other boards might or might not be included, think of it as a pilot study.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

xeromist
What we know is that right now ASUS is focusing on the Intel platform and there are no plans announced for AMD. They will likely see what kind of response there is on this generation of Intel boards and see if it is successful before investing resources into making an AMD version. Rampage is coming "soon" which probably means a few months out but there isn't a hard date so I guess we'll see.

The whole project is a work in progress but that doesn't mean it's not worthwhile. It might take another generation before it's available on most boards but I'm sure if it turns out to be popular then ASUS will make it happen.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

i'm sure that rog exchange will be popular amongst us rog owners and i hope they bring it out for all rog boards...cause its an awesome concept....cause i know how to use most features of my board but not all .... and to be able to try out someone else's setting's who is better at oc than me or more knowledgable about oc...is just an awesome concept...i appreciate your response's and if there are any update i look forward to hearing more about it

p.s great thing about having my brother living with me....i bought the crosshair v formula-z and he bought the maximus v formula so i get to play with rog exchange anyway....lol

asus crosshair v formula-z - amd fx 8150 oc 4.6 - corsair dominator platinum 16 gig 1866mhz - 2 xfx 7870 black editions in crossfire - corsair h100 - corsair graphite 600t white edition - corsair tx750 psu - corsair force gt 120gig ssd - dual monitor setup - razer black widow ultimate - corsair m60

X-ROG
Level 15
Rampage IV series BIOS updates are due by the end of the year (fingers crossed). Unfortunately the Crosshair series are not compatible due to the BIOS differences sorry - it's taken us 18 months development so far on the Intel platform alone!

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Rampage IV series BIOS updates are due by the end of the year (fingers crossed). Unfortunately the Crosshair series are not compatible due to the BIOS differences sorry - it's taken us 18 months development so far on the Intel platform alone!

Any more news on the Rampage IV Bios Updates yet bro?

X-ROG
Level 15
Still waiting on R4 BIOS sorry.

jmoorez2001
Level 10
bummers on the AMD bios for ROG would love to see it go thru as well for sure

EvylCyn
Level 8
I'd also like to see CHVFZ and AMD represtented :cool:
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Mobo: Crosshair V Formula-Z
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Lot# 1252PGT