cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I know Liquid cooling or heatsink better for game

yurjere
Level 7
Hi,
May I know heatsink or liquid cooling is better if i building a computer for gaming use only. And i building it like 8k+ dollar so please tell me can ?
9 REPLIES 9

yurjere
Level 7
Hi,
May I know heatsink or liquid cooling is better if i building a computer for gaming use only. And i building it like 8k+ dollar so please tell me can ?

Hi,

US dollar or enny other currency?
what do you want?
what sort of pc equipment you have?
you need new or use one you have?

A top air cooler will perform the same as a closed loop water cooler.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

like hiviz said, if your gona do normal gaming whit normal OC and in a normal temperature room ( around 22-24+C ) a good aircooler will do the jobb.
but if you gona do heavy OC ( from 4,6GHZ and upwards over long time ) mabye water.
and for that you have to have a good ambient temperature, room temp mabye around 22+c and dowm.
where do you live and what is temp in sumer and winter?

and if you want to do a cheep watercooling you can use a closed loop one like corsair's H100, they are coming out whit a new series called H100i witch you can controll from a software in side OS. ( windows ).

if you gona go for watercooling i recomend to start googeling and read up on it to get more info on it so you know what you are geting in to.
it is expensive, and if you do an error ( spill fluid on a videocard and it short out ( your waranty is lost ) ) it can get more expensive.

Cheers will find it.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Gorman
Level 12
A computer to play max graphics will cost you around $1000. Air cooled is fine.

If you are spending $8000 then clearly this is not a gaming computer, and you can do whatever you like.

My friend go Singapore sim lim ask the person he put h100 water cooler the person ask him how come no heatsink. May I know how come a h100 still need heatsink. Thank

Nackers
Level 15
No mate, It's one or the other, water cooling or air cooling for your CPU.. your friend maybe wondering why he went water cooling instead of air cooling.. At the end of the day the Radiator in water cooling is just a big heatsink that works better for many reasons, one being that the water running thru the radiator can transfer a lot more heat than heat tubes/vapor tubes in normal air heatsinks..