cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Question

ghostroboBH
Level 7
For some reason I am unable to run the Crysis Alpha on the very high settings. Right now i can only run it on medium settings and only get 35-50 Fps and im using the high performance settings.

Here are my specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC>
System Model: G75VW
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
HDD: 750GB

Graphics:

Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce GTX 670M
Approx. Total Memory: 695MB
12 REPLIES 12

kkn
Level 14
post in notebook section 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
Moved to relevant section.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Any reason why my laptop is running this slow?

Skull6
Level 10
Planetary alignment, perhaps? 😄

Are you running any other software while playing (to include any AV packages)? What processes are you running?

I apologize, but I don't have the Alpha. I'm just trying to help from a more generic standpoint.
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

ghostroboBH
Level 7
Well... I'm running 108 different processes while i play, some of these include origin, fraps, firefox and obviously the game.

Hey mrwolf what do u use to overclock your cpu? and how would i do this to safely overclock it from 2.3GHz to 3.3GHz?

mrwolf
Level 10
lol well ofcorse it will run slowly if you have so much running in the background.. Damn i wish i had a key so bad 😞 I guarantee i could this to run on my fully overclocked G75 at very high or high settings stable at 50 at leassst !

If you have any spare keys or if you decide to share yours it would be amazing 😄

ghostroboBH
Level 7
Sorry i dont have anymore keys. it didn't even occur to me that i hadn't defragged the disk in about 2 months and i used it everyday at school for about 5hours a day so that would help. also what processes should i end and which should i keep running so nothing bad happens?

mrwolf
Level 10
Well ideally you want to have the least amount of processes running and basically you would look for processes that are taking up too much memory and end them, depending on what it is.. Your physical memory should be under 14%.. Fraps, origin, firefox all that stuffs gotta go when u wna play crysis...

Well i dont think overclocking your cpu will make a huge difference to be honest unless the game is particularly cpu bound which i doubt as the other crysis's never really had abnormally high cpu usage.. Despite this, if you really want to overclock your cpu you need to download Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (IETU). Although you should be careful with this utility as some people have had issues where their system crashed and the overclock became default in the bios setting n screwed them over BIGTIME. Never happened to me ive used it alot but jus thought you should know its a bit dodgy..
Anyways about OCing, your system is already able to hit 3.3ghz because it is set to automatically oc itself called 'Intel Turbo Boost' up to 3.2/3.3 from 2.3ghz.. With using IETU to OC your cpu, it will allow you to change your main reference clock that affects your maximum turbo boost figure and also your minimum Ghz which is 2.3 stock. The highest you can OC absolutley safely is about 105Mhz on reference clock which essentially makes your cpu frequency 2.4 - 3.46Ghz from stock clocks which is 2.3 - 3.3Ghz.

heres an example - 13467

Ive tried this and it gave me like +10-15 fps in planetside 2 which is an MMOFPS and becuase of thousands of players it relies heavily on the CPU.

For Crysis i personally think you would benefit from OC'ing your GPU to about 750/1650.