Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G51 vx freeze

Gedi_The_Knight
Level 7
Hi guys,
I have Asus G51vx, (best buy).
Of course its hot peace. I started to get more and more heat issues, while its started to freeze and crash on Assassins Creed Brotherhood. I installed newest drivers, windows etc. I found my GPU heats up to 108 Celsius (226 Fahrenheits). So finally I opened laptop and cleaned the dust, replaced thermal pasta, cut the vent holes, as I found some guys doing here. It helped, temp on game AC goes max to 85, but game still crashes. I tried Fallout New Vegas, before it was peace of cake, but now its crashing too... event temp is not going up 70 on it.
I did OCCT GPU 3d stress test. This one, makes GPU heat up to 105C, and on this temp, test starts to show a lot of errors. FPS starts to decrease from 100Celcius.
Does it mean, I cooked my GPU? and graphic card must be replaced?
3 REPLIES 3

SUKARA
Level 10
Maybe the dust cause...

You can plan to clean the heat sink or vents of dust first,...
If the problem still can't solved,i suggest you can sent the notebook to service centet conduct detail check and repair...

asus service contact inforamation reference to you:
http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

It was dusty a lot, but I cleaned already, with games its not heating up so much, but still crashing.
Heating up to 105 just with OCCT GPU test software.
I live in Brazil now. Do we have Asus service center here, in RJ ?

Hey guys,
if somebody will be interested later.
I am not sure yet, but maybe I found solution.
Some dude wrote, it can be because of hybernate/sleep.
And I am always using hybernate.
I turned it off, and played Assassins Creed Brotherhood without any problems almost 1 hour.
It didn't happened before 😉
This weekend will be very busy at work, so I will not have time to try more, but I will do some more testing on it.