cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair IV Formula + 8320/8350

Tremulant
Level 7
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck using the 3029 Bios and a 8320/8350 on their CHIVF? According to this thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/682489/official-asus-crosshair-iv-formula-extreme-club/12300

It's been done and it's working. (I take no responsibility if you try the new 3029 bios and damage your computer).

I currently have a 955BE and was looking to upgrade to the 8350, but if the CHIVF wont support it, i'll probably just go Intel. Any info would be great!

Thanks
25 REPLIES 25

SUKARA
Level 10
Sorry!
AM3+-Zambezi FX-8320 (3.5GHz/4.0GHz,L3:8M,8C,125W,rev.C0,FD8320FRW8KHK )and AM3+-Vishera FX-8350 (4.2GHz/4.0GHz,L3:8M,8C,125W,rev.C0,FD8350FRW8KHK ) doesn't supported this model motherboard....

About cpu support detail information,please reference this asus website link:
http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/list.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=crosshair iv formula&p=1&s=24

speed
Level 12
why don't you find yourself a 1090t or 1100t. Those are way better than that 955 and you will save a few bucks. You could go intel, but that would be so wrong in so many ways.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

I was thinking of getting the 1090T or 1100T, but i'm really looking for a drastic improvement. I really wanted the CHIVF to support PD so I wouldn't have to buy a whole new MOBO+CPU set up. I guess i'll just keep an eye out for the bios updates. I do game mostly but I do video conversion as well, also I play at 2560x1600 resolution so i've been keeping up on how much the CPU effects game, but I do know that at that resolution it becomes more of a GPU bottleneck VS a CPU bottleneck.

speed
Level 12
Well if you went intel you would for sure have to buy a mobo cpu set up. lol

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

Yea, but if the CHIVF doesn't support the Vishera i'd have to buy a new CPU+Mobo also so for my personal scenario i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place 😞 I priced it out and a decent set-up each way (i53570k/Mobo & 8350/Mobo) costs about the same of just under $400 and if I sell my old CPU/Mobo i'd lower the gap. I just really hope that Asus provides even a Beta bios for the 8350 as they did with the Bulldozer....thats what I REALLY want....but oh well, only time will tell. Of course Asus wants their money versus providing their customers with a bios update that will work with the new processors. If thats the case i'd rather go Intel than AMD for the new setup.

When I bought the motherboard it was listed as this on my receipt:

Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD 890FX (Socket AM3AM3+) DDR3 Motherboard

Surely if it says AM3+ it should work with AM3+ processors?

Saying that Vishera doesn't work on the 890fx boards isn't true. ASRock have already released a BIOS update for their 890's which provides them with the ability to take Vishera. I get the feeling that ASUS just don't want to support the board and would rather us buy a new one.

I'm gonna wait a few weeks, see what happens and if a new BIOS isn't released I'll probably move to Intel and another manufacturer for the motherboard (such as ASRock as they seem to be offering good support).

Perhaps Asus would rather have you buy a new motherboard then bother updating the bios for the 890FX boards. Or is there a legitimate hardware limitation that would prevent stability???

I agree with both of you, and i'm in the same boat. I hope Asus see's this. My motherboard was listed as AM3/AM3+ even on the actual WEBSITE under my warranty it shows AM3/AM3+. If they dont provide support for the Vishera then im moving to Intel and im never buying another ASUS motherboard again. It's clear that they want you to buy the new CHV or 990FX boards so they make money, but they have to understand what ASUS originally said and how their motherboard was represented. I share your pain, hopefully they get their heads out of their a##, but only time will tell.

HiVizMan
Level 40
There was a BIOS update needed for the first BD 8150 CPU, and that will certainly be the same for this new AMD offering. I will pass your concerns and request for a BIOS revision onwards and upwards - but I suspect they are already aware and possibly working on it.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.