cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BIOS has Completely losts it's Mind !

chrsplmr
Level 18
This started with my CrossHair V Formula after a full year and several months of perfection ..
of simply going to sleep and waiting for me @4.2 suddenly didnt.
Of course I reviewed Power Options and found the machine on 'Fusion Recovery Profile' ..
which is odd off the bat because I set the power to 'Balanced' .. Advanced .. with my settings.
I reset and put to CrossHair to sleep .. wakes right up ..

Im getting to it ..
I go into the bios to see if there is a wake on lan .. and the bios is flashing between ..
I think 6 lanugages .. stale mate.
I reset .. and it just sits there ..
Shut the power off at the PSU .. push On..drain..
Boot.
F1 (OC failed) which at that point I was ??? what OC ?
Bios on Auto .. ???
I select DOCP ... and everything starts flashing ... going through all kinds of numbers ect ..
Mouse skipping all over .. shut off PSU switch.
Repeat .. drain ..
Boot .. F1 of OCfail .. again .. this time it is set on the proper 1866 DOCP to my DomGT ..
but the other settings are off .. ie .. multiplier 16. I generally use 17 or 17.5 ...
Also 200 instead of 235/234 ...
When I clicked into the 16 to change it .. it typed 999999 endlessly..
Stuck .. no way to go back even to the 16.
I repeated this to nausium .. with varying results .. I got ========== instead of 999999 ect..
again F1 ..
This time as soon as the bios loaded .. F10/enter'd ... and am here at 1333 after all this ... Wha ???
... is going on ?? ideas ???

I was thinking jumper .. start over .. but thought I'd ask ... Is this 'bios chip' corrupt .. or the
bios thats on it or something completely different ??
Dont get me wrong .. this 1100t runs great at any speed .. but .. not ROG. ideas ???
or just go for it .. (which is the tinkeritis in me) .. did I damage something ?? or ???

Now .. here is the dilemma ... sleep still does not work .. If I Shut it Down ..
.. maybe CrazyTown again !!! .. Wha ???

This motherboard has been so flawless .. .c.
18 REPLIES 18

speed
Level 12
I think you should pull the batt and jumper it to clear cmos. If that does not work I'd flash it. And if that dont work I'd buy a bios chip from Asus. And if that dont work I'll send you some duct tape to tape it to a brick and throw it in the lake, or RMA it.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Im thinking the first three .. hard on the 4th .. skip the 5th all together and start over .. haha .. thanks.c.

oldbrave
Level 9
I agree with Speed, remove all external power sources from the computer, pull the battery and set the clear cmos jumper to the clear position and let it set overnight then re-flash it with the current bios version and you should be golden.
Electronic Smoke Signals From my TechnoTeepee
ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ 990FX, 1703 bios
AMD FX 8350 Vishera @ 5162Mhz [21x245] 1.546v 🙂
Water Cooled - Koolance EX2-1055, CPU 370 WB, Idle=22c Load=52c
32Gb G.Skill Sniper ddr3 1600 8G X 4 , 9-9-9-24 @ 1.55v
ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5, Cat 13.5 beta 2, Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600
SanDisk Extreme 120Gb SSD SATA 6Gb, 250Gb SATA 6Gb, 1Tb SATA 6Gb x2
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair HX1000w PSU

speed
Level 12
I like duct tape or in the racing biz we call it 200mph tape.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Clear CMOS and flash BIOS after.

You have some corrupt code it happens.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
phone ROG ... arrrgh.i went for the reset bios button .. and it worked like a chame.now i am stuck in a reboot loop at windows logo..its not looking good for recovering the os.

Area_66
Level 11
have you try in safe mode ? This is why it's important to make system restore image, it's quite simple with Windows 7

speed
Level 12
you used the button only? you did not pull batt or use the jumper? you did not flash it? If not to all of these I'd say try it. you could also try first is unplug and replug that hard drive. see if that will stop the loop. if it doesn't and you plan on a reformate. use a differant hard drive and once you get it up and running just for the heck of it put the old one back in and see if it still loops. if not the you got your old stuff back. If it does than put that other back in and reformate the old drive too.

thanks, ill give it a shot .. its right where the gpu drivers load as the win spin thing is happening ...

no safe mode .. never get to it .. i will give unplug'n a shot ..i will use def. a dif. drive .. cant lose this one.

i think its my V's way of telling me she wants a lil brother .. hahahhaa .. b*word...c.