cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing New SSD | Unable to get in to BIOS.

patrisk
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I just bought a new Samsung 830 SSD (256gb).

I have tried to install it on to my G75vw but there is a problems :

1 - I am unable to get in to BIOS (to seclect the boot sequence) for some wired reason. (After i installed i was able to get into BIOS just once and then since then unable to do so - SSD HDD was successfully deceted in BIOS). SSD drive is in the bay right now and i can access it from Windows.

What i have done is put the new SSD in bay on the right side (this is where the original HDD was that i got with the G75vw). I was wandering if there is any thread that had this issue resolved? If so please let me know.

Also what i notices yesterday when i booted the PC with SSD in the default HDD bay the PC was running normally - but the default HDD was getting really hot (much hotter after putting it in the secondary bay). Can anyoe advise why is this happening? Do i need to change any config?

- All of your inputs are greately appericiated.
2 REPLIES 2

rewben
Level 13
the process that works for me every time is to put the SSD in, do a fresh install then plug in the additional disk much later (i have a g55 by the way; and i replaced the ODD bay with a HDD caddy and put a SSD there)

i think this one might help solve your problem.

Wolffie80
Level 10
yeah.
dont have original disc in during install. it will halter and error..
Just remove 2nd hdd during install and format it later (i had to format it from the win install to get rid of the original boot sector as well)
Asus G75VW-T1031V
Intel Core i7-3610QM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 670M
8 GB 1600mhz
HDD#1 -> SSD OCZ Agility3 240gb
HDD#2 -> 750gb HDD 7200rpm
HDD#3 -> 320gb WD 5200rpm (external drive mounted on back of screen with ducktape! NOT :D)