cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage III extreme still no windows 8 drivers

Xaxxus
Level 7
Is there ever going to be some windows 8 drivers for this motherboard? or am I going to be stuck with the default windows drivers for the rest of my computers life?
4 REPLIES 4

X-ROG
Level 15
What are you missing exactly? - Have you tried the respective drivers from the chipset manufacturers already: Intel/Realtek etc?

Well none of the drivers on the asus website have been updated in quite a while, but otherwise I have everything from windows update (except for the marvell drivers)

Nodens
Level 16
I doubt older boards are going to get updated with Win8 drivers at the ASUS site. Either follow MarshallR's advice going directly to the manufacturer's site or go to http://www.station-drivers.com/ and download the latest drivers for Win8 from there. Almost every driver is collected there (even leaked versions that are not available at the manufacturer's site).
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Hi Xaxxus! Good news for you. Windows 8 has our Rampage 3 Extreme drivers out of the box. You won't be needing to go to the site to download anything. You get your chipset driver, LAN, bluetooth, USB 3.0 (native support!!) etc... Realtek always updates their drivers, so they're really the only one you need to download. The Bluetooth driver on the ASUS site still works, or you can use Win8's built in driver (I did that because it's more compatible with my phone.)

Well, I did email ASUS a while back, they said they would update the driver page... apparently this wasn't so as I emailed them again and they said "No, sorry." It's ok because Win8 does install them for us and they work very very well, if not, better than what we were using before.

Sad to say, utilities are definitely not supported. No TurboV evo, monitoring etc... You'll get an ACPI error stating the model is not supported. BIOS always was a better solution anyway.. Real Temp is a good alternative for monitoring. I wish ya luck pal. R3E is still as solid as ever and Win8 handles real well on it, if you can put up with the UI changes 😛 I sure did.