cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The mic on the Phoebus control center thingy...

dedaciai
Level 10
I just wanted to say that I have finally had a chance to use it during a few long gaming sessions and boy does it work great. The guys on the other end can hear me crystal clear and my wife can talk to me from the other side of the room without them really picking her up too much as long as I am square up with the mic.

Good stuff guys.

PS. I am won't remind you guys about the driver debacle. 😛
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
3 REPLIES 3

KILLER_K
Level 10
I haven't used the break out box. It jut seems to cheaply made for me. And I have enough control pods on my desk to begin with. Adding another to the pile isn't going to work with me. We are all waiting for the driver. Hopefully it will not be much longer. Thanks

dsp
Level 7
mid to late november for a new driver
i realy hope that all the waiting was for something and they finaly did something usefull
lets hope that more companies start making audiocards there's not enough competition in this market !

hurry up asus !!! you were fast enough to take our money now give us the quality we paid for !!

dsp wrote:
mid to late november for a new driver
i realy hope that all the waiting was for something and they finaly did something usefull
lets hope that more companies start making audiocards there's not enough competition in this market !

hurry up asus !!! you were fast enough to take our money now give us the quality we paid for !!

This is one of the main reasons I have not moved to W8. The W7 drives, Phoebus drivers, punkbuster, and Bf3 work flawlessly right now for me and knowing my luck it would all come crashing down if I moved to W8.
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit